Mailing List Archive

Cannot send mail using Qmail 0.96
Hi again,

I sent a mail to this list the other day with a problem about sending
mail, unfortunately replying to some of the replies was a problem :) I've
got an example of what is happening though, I'm sure it's simple but I'm
lost as to why it's happening;

--8<--

telnet bitflux 25
Trying 203.58.18.2...
Connected to bitflux.kwest.com.au.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 bitflux.kwest.com.au ESMTP
helo
250-bitflux.kwest.com.au
250-PIPELINING
250 8BITMIME
mail <cactoid@kwest.com.au>
250 ok
rcpt <blah@nla.gov.au>
553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

--8<--

It doesn't matter where the email is going, I just don't get further than
this, unless I post from the mailhost itself. It's like the hostname the
mailserver runs on is authorised to post, but anything else isn't? Qmail
0.91 didn't seem to do this, obviously between releases I've missed a lot
:)

Any help with this would be appreciated, I have no problems recieving
mail, I just can't send anything!

-- cactoid.
Re: Cannot send mail using Qmail 0.96 [ In reply to ]
[ cactoid <cactoid@kwest.com.au> 1997-2 -19 19:02 +1100 ]
|---
| 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

The easy fix is to remove /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts, but then anybody
can use you as a relay. To allow specified hosts to use you as a relay,
look for the following paragraph in the FAQ file:

3.4. How do I allow selected clients to use this host as a relay?

- Harald