The qmaild is running, but I doesn't seem to have any right to log in
there..

/Peter
Re: More troubles.... [ In reply to ]
[ Peter Olsson <mj28123@janus.swipnet.se> 1997-2 -17 13:20 +0100 ]
|---
| Ok.. I have managed to get the things wotking with qmail-inject...
|
| Now I have another problem :)
|
| When I try to telnet 127.0.0.1 25
|
| it closes down the connection right away... It says:
|
| connection closed by foreign host...
|
| Why isn't it working??

Beats me. How can you expect to get any help if you're not telling us
what you did? Do you run your qmail-smtpd from inetd or with tcpserver?
And using what setup?

| The qmaild is running, but I doesn't seem to have any right to log in
| there..

qmaild? You mean qmail-send? That is irrelevant to qmail-smtpd
operations.

Please make sure you read and follow the instructions carefully. qmail is
not hard to install and run, but it does have a tendency to fail in
mysterious looking ways unless you have done your work properly.

- Harald
Re: More troubles.... [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 17 Feb 1997, Peter Olsson wrote:

> When I try to telnet 127.0.0.1 25
> it closes down the connection right away... It says:
> connection closed by foreign host...

Make sure you have the following line in /etc/inetd.conf (and that you've
restarted inetd -- a kill -HUP will do that):

smtp stream tcp nowait qmaild /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd

(All on one line, of course.) That can be found in Step 23 of the main
INSTALL file, btw. :)

* Bryce Newall * IRC: Data * Email: data@dal.net *
* WWW: http://voyager.abac.com/data * IRC Admin, voyager.dal.net *
* --== Try DALnet! Server irc.dal.net, port 7000 ==-- *
* "Stop smirking, Number 1." -- J.L. Picard *
* "I'm a doctor, not a doorstop!" -- EMH Program, ST:FC *