Mailing List Archive

Still having troubles with SMTP...
I can't use the smtpd server to send mail... it just closes my
connection :((

Any ideas why?

And how about the pop3-server...? How do I get it to check for mail in
$HOME/Mailbox instead of /var/spool/mail/$USER
Re: Still having troubles with SMTP... [ In reply to ]

> I can't use the smtpd server to send mail... it just closes my
> connection :((
>
> Any ideas why?
>
> And how about the pop3-server...? How do I get it to check for mail in
> $HOME/Mailbox instead of /var/spool/mail/$USER

I don't want to be overly harsh here, but you don't expect us to
be able to answer your question without more details, do you?

We would benefit from seeing the relevant portions of your
mail log (/var/log/maillog on my box) showing where the SMTP
connection failed. It would also help if we knew *which*
pop3 server you're using (although I'd guess that you
need to alter the MAIL environment variable, which would be
found in /etc/profile or /etc/csh.cshrc, or somewhere similar).

Daryl

Daryl L. Biberdorf darylb@superserve.com