Mailing List Archive

qmsmac performance
Andi Gutmans <andi@vipe.technion.ac.il> asks:

>Does qmsmac perform better than the regular ~alias directory?
>Is it worth converting?

I haven't looked at qmsmac, but I thought it simply converted
an aliases file into a bunch of .qmail-* files in ~alias.
(In other words, there'd be no difference at all)
I might be mistaken about that, particularly since the cdb
database was created...

>In general UNIX glob() seems a bit slow to me :)

Do most installations still but Sendmail's alias database
into /etc? That's a fairly large directory too. Wouldn't
doing an open() on an aliases database in /etc have the same
overhead as doing an open() in a moderately full ~alias dir?

-Greg
--
Greg Andrews West Coast Online
Unix System Administrator 5800 Redwood Drive