Mailing List Archive

Running sendmail and qmail together
Evan Champion <evanc@synapse.net> writes:

>Is there a way for me to get qmail to redeliver mail that would be
>delivered locally to this machine's SMTP port (so that sendmail will take
>care of it)?

On recent versions of qmail (0.95 and higher, I think), the smtproutes
file supports a port number as well as a hostname. See the man page
for qmail-remote for an example. I've never tried using it to point
to the same host, though there's nothing obvious to me that should
cause trouble.

An alternative might be to invoke sendmail from a .qmail file...

-Greg
--
Greg Andrews West Coast Online
Unix System Administrator 5800 Redwood Drive