Mailing List Archive

Re: qmail and linux
stephen wrote:

> it's probably ok. ps doesn't show _all_processes by default.
> try ps -x and see if that shows it. (i think it doesn't
> show daemon processes, ie no controlling tty).
>
> at least that's how it is on my 1.3ish kernel.
>
> stephen

Ok, thanks

I can see all processes now... But when I try to do the internal test
that they describe (Send an empty mail to myself). It just get stuck
there, and I have to press ctrl+C to abort... Any ideas why??
Re: qmail and linux [ In reply to ]
[ Peter Olsson <mj28123@janus.swipnet.se> 1997-2 -13 16:33 +0100 ]
|---
| [...] when I try to do the internal test
| that they describe (Send an empty mail to myself). It just get stuck
| there, and I have to press ctrl+C to abort... Any ideas why??
|---

If ctrl-D does not work you must have your tty set up in a rather unusual
fashion. Try running: stty eof ^d

- Harald