before ~uid/.qmail-ext files? I just ran into a case where a mailing list
on my machine is called "mw-raves", yet I have a user named "mw", and both
entities are rather attached to their respective names. I didn't see
anything obvious in conf*.h nor in qmail-alias.c, where I presume the
logic is, but I don't know my way around the data structures very well
yet.

Thanks.

Brian
Re: ~alias/.qmail-uid-ext taking precedence over ~uid/.qmail-ext [ In reply to ]
> Is there a way to set it such that ~alias/.qmail-uid-* files are consulted
> before ~uid/.qmail-ext files? I just ran into a case where a mailing list
> on my machine is called "mw-raves", yet I have a user named "mw", and both

You can handle this with the users mechanism: see qmail-users(5),
qmail-pw2u(8) and qmail-newu(8).

Specifically, if you put a line like this in /var/qmail/users/append,

=mw-raves:alias:<uid>:<gid>:/var/qmail/alias:-:mw-raves:

where <uid> and <gid> are the uid and gid of the alias user, then
run

qmail-pw2u < /etc/passwd > /var/qmail/users/assign
qmail-newu

then <mw-raves> will be handled by ~alias/.qmail-mw-raves, but every
other address---including <mw>, <mw-rates>, etc.---will be handled by
the default .qmail files.

You'll need a qmail of vintage 0.93 or later to do this.

Tim.