Yes? And if so, where?

TIA

Randy
Re: RPM for 0.96 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 12 Feb 1997, Randy Harmon wrote:
> I understand that there's an rpm for qmail, caveat
> being that there are pre-defined uids preconfigured.
> Yes? And if so, where?

Yes, but since few people fully populate their /etc/passwd with uid's
below 100, you're probably golden (this doesn't detract from my conviction
that qmail needs configure-time uid's. Debian and RedHat absolutely
*Should* be able to co-exist. Aloong with those commercial whomever
they are's. sun's installer and sgi's installer. If anyone pays attention
to them :-).

Try ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/Incoming or
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/contrib under either RPMS or 2.2 (for which you
need rpm 2.2 or above).

-Peter
Re: RPM for 0.96 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, Peter C. Norton wrote:

> Yes, but since few people fully populate their /etc/passwd with uid's
> below 100, you're probably golden (this doesn't detract from my conviction

The rpm I found and used to build my own, makes sure the uid's do not
exist allready ( or at least the one I built does. ) and then suggest you
either free up the uid's or rebuild the rpm from the source.
and I belive it uses uid's 70-76 which are usually free on most linuxes.

> Try ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/Incoming or
> ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/contrib under either RPMS or 2.2 (for which you
> need rpm 2.2 or above).

or try:
site exec locate qmail
on ftp.redhat.com
Re: RPM for 0.96 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, John Fessenden wrote:
> The rpm I found and used to build my own, makes sure the uid's do not
> exist allready ( or at least the one I built does. ) and then suggest you
> either free up the uid's or rebuild the rpm from the source.
> and I belive it uses uid's 70-76 which are usually free on most linuxes.

The thing is, you see, that debian comes shipped with the necessary qmail
users already assigned to *different* numbers. This is a pain.

> or try:
> site exec locate qmail
> on ftp.redhat.com

A much better idea!

-Peter
RE: RPM for 0.96 [ In reply to ]
Try the ftp.redhat.com and the Incoming or contrib ditrectories.
If this site is busy, try ftp.caldera.com/mirrors/redhat
(or it is maybe ftp.caldera.com/pub/mirrors).

On 13-Feb-97 Randy Harmon wrote:

>I understand that there's an rpm for qmail, caveat
>being that there are pre-defined uids preconfigured.
>
>Yes? And if so, where?
>
>TIA
>
>Randy

----