Mailing List Archive

locals and rpchosts
"Vladimir Gabrielescu" <vgabriel@nbcs-sos.rutgers.edu> asks:

>I seem to have to list both "foo" and "foo.domain" in my locals and
>rpchosts files even if I have defaultdomain set. Any ideas why?

Because rcpthosts, locals, and defaultdomain control different things.

According to the man page for the qmail control files (qmail-control),
defaultdomain is only used by qmail-inject for address rewriting.
The locals file is used by qmail-send to detect messages that should
be delivered to local users. The rcpthosts file tells qmail-smtpd
which domains it should accept mail for.

-Greg
--
Greg Andrews West Coast Online
Unix System Administrator 5800 Redwood Drive