Vladimir Gabrielescu NBCS System Programmer 1-908-445-4785
vgabriel@toolbox.rutgers.edu http://nbcs.rutgers.edu/~vgabriel/
Someone should have labeled the future 'some assembly required'
Re: locals and rpchosts [ In reply to ]
> I seem to have to list both "foo" and "foo.domain" in my locals and
> rpchosts files

No. All names in Internet mail must be fully qualified. An SMTP client
that uses an unqualified name is broken. If you have to deal with broken
clients, follow the procedure described in FAQ to fix their messages.

> even if I have defaultdomain set.

defaultdomain is for messages injected locally through qmail-inject. It
has no effect on messages once they're in the mail system.

---Dan
Put an end to unauthorized mail relaying. http://pobox.com/~djb/qmail.html