Mailing List Archive

Q: popclient using maildir-format
Hi,

is there a popclient that stores fetched mails in maildir format?
If not, can I convert fetched mails from mbox to maildir?

Raphael Leiteritz
Re: Q: popclient using maildir-format [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 12 Feb 1997, Raphael Leiteritz wrote:
> Hi,
> is there a popclient that stores fetched mails in maildir format?
> If not, can I convert fetched mails from mbox to maildir?
> Raphael Leiteritz

If you use fetchmail it imports your mail by delivering it to your local
system's MTA. So if you use fetchmail, and have a pop3 or an imapd at
your remote site and get your mail it will query the remote daemon, and
each message it gets, it'll deliver to your local smptd. So if you're
using qmail locally, you can do the conversions that you're asking about.

-Peter