Vladimir Gabrielescu NBCS System Programmer 1-908-445-4785
vgabriel@toolbox.rutgers.edu http://nbcs.rutgers.edu/~vgabriel/
Someone should have labeled the future 'some assembly required'
Re: ~alias/.qmail-default question [ In reply to ]
~alias/.qmail-default question [ In reply to ]
Vladimir Gabrielescu writes:

> Here is my problem, which one take precedence, ~me/.qmail or ~alias/.qmail-
> default.?

~me/.qmail. If the user exists, and users/assign does not exist, then
the user ALWAYS controls their own mail. ~alias/.qmail-default only
controls mail which does not match a username. Oh, and the user may
choose to use the system-wide .qmail file (contained in the definition
ALIAS_EMPTY in conf-unusual.h) by having no (or empty) .qmail file.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com> http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software sells network driver support | PGP ok