Thanks,
Dax Kelson
Internet Connect, Inc.
Re: TCPSERVER reliability [ In reply to ]
Re: TCPSERVER reliability [ In reply to ]
> How is the reliability of "tcpserver"?

ucspi-tcp-0.72 seems rock solid under Solaris 2.5.1. It's certainly
caused us fewer problems than Sun's inetd.

We do get the lingering processes that Jos mentioned. They seem to
be stuck doing IDENT lookups, but it happens to less than 1 in 50000
connections, so we're not greatly worried by it. (You can always turn
IDENT lookups off.)

Tim.