Mailing List Archive

Is the qmail mail server project still under active development or has been retired many years ago?
Subject: Is the qmail mail server project still under active
development or has been retired many years ago?

Good day from Singapore,

Is the qmail mail server project still under active development or has
been retired many years ago?

Thank you.

Regards,

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Targeted Individual in Singapore
5 Aug 2022 Friday
Blogs:
https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.com
https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com
Re: Is the qmail mail server project still under active development or has been retired many years ago? [ In reply to ]
Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <tdtemccna@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is the qmail mail server project still under active development or has
> been retired many years ago?

There's a false assumption in your question; I'll try to answer around it.

qmail itself hasn't changed in a long, long time - but it hasn't needed to,
for a lot of people. It still works just fine for many use cases. So vanilla
qmail is both not under active development, but is also not retired. It is
still widely used.

If you're looking for other qmail-derived or other qmail-like MTA projects
that are still evolving, then there are a number to choose from. Erwin
Hoffman's s/qmail is probably the biggest of these.

Charles
Charles Cazabon
GPL'ed software available at: http://pyropus.ca/software/
Read http://pyropus.ca/personal/writings/12-steps-to-qmail-list-bliss.html
Re: Is the qmail mail server project still under active development or has been retired many years ago? [ In reply to ]
Thanks Charles

--
John Strasser

<snip>
Re: Is the qmail mail server project still under active development or has been retired many years ago? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Aug 5, 2022, at 9:01 AM, Charles Cazabon wrote:
> Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <tdtemccna@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is the qmail mail server project still under active development or has
>> been retired many years ago?
>
> If you're looking for other qmail-derived or other qmail-like MTA projects
> that are still evolving, then there are a number to choose from. Erwin
> Hoffman's s/qmail is probably the biggest of these.

Another one of those is notqmail, which I think is a solid project:

https://github.com/notqmail/notqmail/wiki

Lewis