Mail delivery delay on gmail.
Hi all,
We have using debian 7 for qmail. Recently we are having problem with gmail
for mail delivery.
Gmail security protocol asking valid SPF and DKIM records.

How can we upgrade SPF and DKIM on a running gmail server.

Best Regards
Shovan
Re: Mail delivery delay on gmail. [ In reply to ]
Hi Shovan,

looks like we are all facing the same problem...

SPF is a DNS issue - you just need to setup the corresponding records.

For DKIM there are several solutions outside, the common base of all is
to replace the qmail-remote binary with a wrapper that adds DKIM. Just
ask google and check what fits your needs best.

Oliver

--
Protect your environment - close windows and adopt a penguin!
Re: Mail delivery delay on gmail. [ In reply to ]
Sent from my iPhone

> On 23 Feb 2019, at 12:24, Shovan Sengupta <shovan.sengupta@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> We have using debian 7 for qmail. Recently we are having problem with gmail for mail delivery.
> Gmail security protocol asking valid SPF and DKIM records.

You can ask your dns administrator to create an spf record for your domain , the SPF record specifies a list of your authorized host names/IP addresses that mail can originate from for your given domain name(s).

> How can we upgrade SPF and DKIM on a running gmail server.
Did you mean to ask about gmail or qmail server?

Re: Mail delivery delay on gmail. [ In reply to ]
Thus said Shovan Sengupta on Sat, 23 Feb 2019 16:24:36 +0600:

> We have using debian 7 for qmail. Recently we are having problem with
> gmail for mail delivery.

What are the problems? From the subject you seem to think that delivery
is delayed?

I just sent mail to a number of gmail addresses and none of them were
delayed. I don't use SPF, DKIM, DMARC, or any other fangling mangling.

Do your qmail logs show that gmail is delaying your email?

Or are you suggesting that once gmail accepts your emails they take a
long time to show up in the mailbox?

Thanks,

Andy
--