Mailing List Archive

Moved web site NOT qmail to another machine -> 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA without authentication ; no valid cert for gateway #5.7.1
People,

I recently moved philiprhoades.org to another machine (off my own
machine and onto a VM in the cloud) and changed the Zone Record
appropriately (the web site is working fine). However I kept the same
IP address in the Zone Manager record for mail - but now mails to
phr@philiprhoades.org are getting this bounce message from the Qmail
server - philiprhoades.org has been in localhosts from the beginning and
working fine until this recent change but I can't see why moving the web
server should matter . . what am I missing?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra NSW 2794
Australia
E-mail: phil@pricom.com.au
Re: Moved web site NOT qmail to another machine -> 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA without authentication ; no valid cert for gateway #5.7.1 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 at 16:38, Philip Rhoades <phil@pricom.com.au> wrote:

> People,
>
> I recently moved philiprhoades.org to another machine (off my own
> machine and onto a VM in the cloud) and changed the Zone Record
> appropriately (the web site is working fine). However I kept the same
> IP address in the Zone Manager record for mail - but now mails to
> phr@philiprhoades.org are getting this bounce message from the Qmail
> server - philiprhoades.org has been in localhosts from the beginning and
> working fine until this recent change but I can't see why moving the web
> server should matter . . what am I missing?

Is philiprhoades.org present in /var/qmail/control/locals &
/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
Re: Moved web site NOT qmail to another machine -> 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA without authentication ; no valid cert for gateway #5.7.1 [ In reply to ]
Manvendra,

On 2019-02-06 22:16, Manvendra Bhangui wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 at 16:38, Philip Rhoades <phil@pricom.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> People,
>>
>> I recently moved philiprhoades.org to another machine (off my own
>> machine and onto a VM in the cloud) and changed the Zone Record
>> appropriately (the web site is working fine). However I kept the same
>> IP address in the Zone Manager record for mail - but now mails to
>> phr@philiprhoades.org are getting this bounce message from the Qmail
>> server - philiprhoades.org has been in localhosts from the beginning
>> and
>> working fine until this recent change but I can't see why moving the
>> web
>> server should matter . . what am I missing?
>

> Is philiprhoades.org present in /var/qmail/control/locals &
> /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts

Yes.

In fact the machine that I moved the web site to is the one that we
previously set up for testing out indimail - which is still only working
for a couple of my minor domains.

Thanks,

Phil.
--

On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 at 17:18, Philip Rhoades <phil@pricom.com.au> wrote:

> Yes.
>
> In fact the machine that I moved the web site to is the one that we
> previously set up for testing out indimail - which is still only working
> for a couple of my minor domains.

Check your MX records. Looks like you have by mistake changed the MX
record too.
$ dnsmxip dnsmxip philiprhoades.org
philiprhoades.org 103.225.161.36 10

$ ping philiprhoades.org
PING philiprhoades.org (103.225.161.36) 56(84) bytes of data.
^C
--- philiprhoades.org ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 67ms

On 2019-02-06 23:16, Manvendra Bhangui wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 at 17:18, Philip Rhoades <phil@pricom.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> In fact the machine that I moved the web site to is the one that we
>> previously set up for testing out indimail - which is still only
>> working
>> for a couple of my minor domains.
>>

> Check your MX records. Looks like you have by mistake changed the MX
> record too.
> $ dnsmxip dnsmxip philiprhoades.org
> philiprhoades.org 103.225.161.36 10
>
> $ ping philiprhoades.org
> PING philiprhoades.org (103.225.161.36) 56(84) bytes of data.
> ^C
> --- philiprhoades.org ping statistics ---
> 3 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 67ms

Yes, it was a case of OE (Operator Error) or DB (Domestic Blindness) . .

Thanks for that,

Regards,

Phil.
--