Mailing List Archive

create aliases with the same name for different local domains.
?Hi, all

I have a qmail-ldap with several sub-domains, eg:
user@domain1.com user@domain2.com, user@domain3.com

domain1, domain2, and domain2 are in control/locals, and email users of
these domains are stored in LDAP.

I use /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-??? to create groups (distribution lists)
for these domains, but I need to create groups with equal names to receive
email lists for users of these domains, eg:

support@domain1.com
support@domain2.com
support@domain3.com

If you create the /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-it only, it will not know how to
distinguish the domain (it will only deliver to the defaultdomain).

So I tried to create /var/qmal/alias/ these files:

.qmail-domain1-support
.qmail-domain2-support
.qmail-domain3-support

... with theirs respective users..

On virtualdomains, I put:

support@domain1.com: alias-domain1
support@domain2.com: alias-domain2
supoort@domain3.com: alias-domain3
or
support@domain1.com: alias-domain1-support
support@domain2.com: alias-domain2-support
supoort@domain3.com: alias-domain3-support

However, it is not working (Sorry, _no_mailbox_here_by_that_name is giving)

So I removed domains 1, 2 and 3 from the control/locals and from then Qmail
is reading the "alias" files. But it still did not work!

What is the most correct way to make these aliases work by keeping the
domains in the control/locals (since all users are local), but also being
able to create the groups in the alias, as the same name but for different
domains?

What am I doing wrong?

--
*Esta mensagem pode conter informações confidenciais ou privilegiadas,
sendo seu sigilo protegido por lei. Se você não for o destinatário ou a
Re: create aliases with the same name for different local domains. [ In reply to ]
Hi Rejaine,

you should consider the fastforward package for this task:

man setforward:

EXTERNAL MAILING LISTS
If a command begins with a dot or slash, setforward takes the entire
command as the name of a binary mailing list file created by
setmaillist:

support@domain1.com: /etc/lists/domain1.bin; (in your case)

Which means you need to populate the list of recipients per domain individually.

Best regards.
--eh.

Dr. Erwin Hoffmann | FEHCom | http://www.fehcom.de | PGP Key-Id 7E4034BE