The problem is that if there is not a Qmail-LDAP continuity project and updated patches, I do not see any future.
I am worried that in the future some kind of vulnerability will appear and that there is no solution.
For example, I don´t have any solution for submission implementation, DKIM, etc. to be integrated with Qmail-LDAP

I thinking to change to Qmail –> Netqmail –> https://notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/patching-qmail-82.html and I would not like it because for example I would have to use vpopmail again (Software discontinued too since 2011)

What’s your opinion?

Regards

Carlos
Murcia – Spain
Re: Qmail & Qmail-LDAP future [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 at 21:23, Carlos García Gómez
<carlos.garcia@f-integra.org> wrote:

> Dear colleagues of QMAIL and QMAIL-LDAP
>
> I have a very stable Qmail-LDAP solution for more than 10 years.
> I have HW balancer with Qmail-cluster (N nodes)
> The fact is that I think that this project is discontinued and it seems a pity.
> Qmail is the best MTA there is but his design, in my opinion, is pretty bad. This was compensated with LDAP, which provides us with all user management in a flexible and powerful DB.

Not sure what you mean by bad? IMHO, the design has been excellent and
extremely small code footprint, which makes it easy to add new
features.

> The problem is that if there is not a Qmail-LDAP continuity project and updated patches, I do not see any future.
> I am worried that in the future some kind of vulnerability will appear and that there is no solution.
> For example, I don´t have any solution for submission implementation, DKIM, etc. to be integrated with Qmail-LDAP

I am not sure if you are looking at a change just because of DKIM.
The DKIM solution listed in your link below is mine. It consists of
two executables qmail-dkim (which can be called by setting QMAILQUEUE
environment variable) and dkim (which is used primarily for testing).
You can integrate with qmail-ldap, netqmail, etc. I have seen other
solutions which involve simple perl scripts too. The DKIM patch for
netqmail can be dowloaded from

https://sourceforge.net/projects/indimail/files/netqmail-addons/qmail-dkim-1.0/dkim-netqmail-1.06.patch-1.23.gz

> I thinking to change to Qmail –> Netqmail –> https://notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/patching-qmail-82.html and I would not like it because for example I would have to use vpopmail again (Software discontinued too since 2011)
>
> What’s your opinion?

Unless something is broken, you should stick to your current setup.
Else try out the solutions by Roberto Puzzanghera, Erwin Hoffman's
build or mine (indimail). You can decide which works best for you.

--
Regards Manvendra - http://www.indimail.org
GPG Pub Key
Re: Qmail & Qmail-LDAP future [ In reply to ]
Sent from my iPhone

> On 27 Sep 2018, at 17:37, Carlos García Gómez <carlos.garcia@f-integra.org> wrote:
>
> Dear colleagues of QMAIL and QMAIL-LDAP
>
> I have a very stable Qmail-LDAP solution for more than 10 years.
> I have HW balancer with Qmail-cluster (N nodes)
Greetings Carlos !

> The fact is that I think that this project is discontinued and it seems a pity.
> Qmail is the best MTA there is but his design, in my opinion, is pretty bad.

If you cannot make it better then I would encourage you to keep your opinion to yourself .

> This was compensated with LDAP, which provides us with all user management in a flexible and powerful DB.
>
> The problem is that if there is not a Qmail-LDAP continuity project and updated patches, I do not see any future.
> I am worried that in the future some kind of vulnerability will appear and that there is no solution.
> For example, I don´t have any solution for submission implementation, DKIM, etc. to be integrated with Qmail-LDAP

The solution is there but you need to know what you want and how you want it .

> I thinking to change to Qmail –> Netqmail –> https://notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/patching-qmail-82.html and I would not like it because for example I would have to use vpopmail again (Software discontinued too since 2011)

Good luck with your test & possible adaption of netqmail

> What’s your opinion?

We are a few hundreds of thousands on the list & our opinions will not count if you already have your own bias . At least you are frank you said how you view things and I respect you. Learn programming and modify the code to suit all the aspects you do not like and see getting obsolete. Your vigor is good if used to build and carry on the email legacy rather than when it’s aimlessly running against the legacy of qmail.

Get the good points and leave the bad ones out. I stand to be corrected too

Re: Qmail & Qmail-LDAP future [ In reply to ]
HI Carlos,

> Am 27.09.2018 um 17:37 schrieb Carlos García Gómez <carlos.garcia@f-integra.org>:
>
> Dear colleagues of QMAIL and QMAIL-LDAP
>
> I have a very stable Qmail-LDAP solution for more than 10 years.
> I have HW balancer with Qmail-cluster (N nodes)
> The fact is that I think that this project is discontinued and it seems a pity.
> Qmail is the best MTA there is but his design, in my opinion, is pretty bad. This was compensated with LDAP, which provides us with all user management in a flexible and powerful DB.
>
> The problem is that if there is not a Qmail-LDAP continuity project and updated patches, I do not see any future.
> I am worried that in the future some kind of vulnerability will appear and that there is no solution.
> For example, I don´t have any solution for submission implementation, DKIM, etc. to be integrated with Qmail-LDAP

for submission and DKIM, several solutions do exist (including mine for Spamcontrol + s/qmail).

It would be helpful, if you simply qualify your requirements for qmail as an MTA. I'm 100% sure, that other users will have different requirements.

Regards.
--eh.

Dr. Erwin Hoffmann | FEHCom | http://www.fehcom.de | PGP Key-Id 7E4034BE