Mailing List Archive

imap qmail does not authenticate in ldap
Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting qmai-IMAP authenticated on ldap.

I already have anothers servers installed with the same OS version
and qmail + patches, configured in much the same way and works
normally, but in this new one, but in this new server the IMAP is not
authenticating correctly in LDAP (everything else is OK, just IMAP that
is in trouble)

I did a test using dovecot and with it everything works normally. I know
that migrating to Dovecot solves my problem, but I would like to find
out why Courier is no longer working, because I've always used it (and
still use it on others servers)...

My qmail-imapd/run looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
exec 2>&1
#
# IMAP service: this script is for courier-imap
#
QMAIL="/var/qmail"
ME="`head -1 $QMAIL/control/me`"
if [ -e $QMAIL/control/defaultdelivery ]; then
ALIASEMPTY=`head -1 $QMAIL/control/defaultdelivery 2> /dev/null`
else
ALIASEMPTY=`head -1 $QMAIL/control/aliasempty 2> /dev/null`
fi
ALIASEMPTY=${ALIASEMPTY:="./Maildir/"}

PATH="$QMAIL/bin:$PATH"

# source the environemt in ./env
eval `env - PATH=$PATH envdir ./env awk '\
BEGIN { for (i in ENVIRON) \
if (i != "PATH") { \
printf "export %s=\"%s\"\\n", i, ENVIRON[i] \
} \
}'`

# enforce some sane defaults
COURIER=${COURIER:="/usr"}
PBSTOOL=${PBSTOOL:="$QMAIL/bin/pbsadd"}

if [ X${NOPBSR+"true"} = X"true" ]; then
unset PBSTOOL
fi

exec \
tcpserver -v -HRl $ME -x$QMAIL/control/qmail-imapd.cdb \
${CONCURRENCY:+"-c$CONCURRENCY"} ${BACKLOG:+"-b$BACKLOG"} 0
imap \
$COURIER/sbin/imaplogin \
$QMAIL/bin/auth_imap ${PBSTOOL:+"-d$PBSTOOL"} \
$COURIER/sbin/imapd "$ALIASEMPTY"

And here are the qmail-ldap/control settings (some information has been
changed to post in the list):

/var/qmail/control/ldapbasedn:dc=domain,dc=domain
/var/qmail/control/ldapdefaultdotmode:both
/var/qmail/control/ldaplocaldelivery:0
/var/qmail/control/ldaplogin:cn=admldap,c=domain,dc=domain
/var/qmail/control/ldapobjectclass:qmailUser
/var/qmail/control/ldappassword:*******
/var/qmail/control/ldaprebind:0
/var/qmail/control/ldapserver:myldapserver.mydomain

Look what appears when I test using telnet.

# telnet myserver 143
Trying a.b.c.d
Connected to myserver
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA ACL ACL2=UNION] Courier-IMAP ready.
Copyright 1998-2004 Double Precision, Inc. See COPYING for distribution
information.
? login someuser somepassword
? NO Login failed.

I have already checked and compared settings and permissions with others
servers I have here that work normally and I can not find the problem.

Any tips?