John

--

John Conover, conover@rahul.net, http://www.johncon.com/
Re: Qmail for amd64? [ In reply to ]
On Aug 29, 2017, at 8:22 PM, John Conover <conover@rahul.net> wrote:

> Is there a Linux amd64 64 bit qmail available? I need SMTP AUTH in
> qmail-remote.

If you need a binary package for your system's native package manager, and querying it returns nothing, maybe someone can pipe up here. What's your Linux and package manager?

If you need a binary package for an Ubuntu- or EL-derived system and are willing to add a third-party package manager to do so, I'd suggest installing a binary qmail package built from pkgsrc. I believe pkgsrc.joyent.com has Linux qmail binaries and the docs there ahould lead you to the right repository.

If you're looking to build from source yourself, but with a little automation help, pkgsrc is excellent for that too, and of course you'll get finer-grained control over compile-time options. This is what I do for my own (non-Linux) server.

If you get stuck with anything pkgsrc-related, feel free to contact me off-list.

- Amitai
Re: Qmail for amd64? [ In reply to ]
Hi John,

most of the modern qmail replacements (eQmail or my s/qmail) are 64bit save.

Crypto-routines are sensitive regarding bit-evaluation and depend on correct casting
while they are sensitive to the given hardware platform.

You could use my

http://www.fehcom.de/qmail/smtpauth.html

qmail patch with is AM64 save ... but rather go for a coherent implementation.

Regards.
--eh.

Dr. Erwin Hoffmann | FEHCom | http://www.fehcom.de/