Mailing List Archive

Is there a ubuntu system .ISO mirror contained qmail?
I wanna run qmail in my Ubuntu VPC,but depending my knowledge to do
this is impossible . So is there any linux system .ISO file contained
qmail, that is easy to me.

Thank you everyone!
yml.ryne
Re: Is there a ubuntu system .ISO mirror contained qmail? [ In reply to ]
You can compile qmail from source. I have done it recently on Ubuntu
Server 16.04.3
LTS & it does work well. The install i did uses qmail with ldap .

--
Shepherd Nhongo

Do not Queue mail with SENDMAIL, send mail with QMAIL

Botswana # +267 744 760 40
Zimbabwe # +263 772 688 072
Re: Is there a ubuntu system .ISO mirror contained qmail? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 10:25:56am +0800, Matthew Shawn wrote:
> I wanna run qmail in my Ubuntu VPC,but depending my knowledge to do
> this is impossible . So is there any linux system .ISO file contained
> qmail, that is easy to me.

You could install a current linux ISO (kernel >3.10 I think) with
docker, then install qmail in a docker container, which might be one of
the better ways if you want to start and tear down regularly if you're
experimenting:

$ sudo docker search qmail
secopstech/mini-qmail

Personally, I'd make the docker image retrieve and apply the patches
that I wanted if I was going to go down this route. qmail is worth the
effort upfront, a container approach would also help you, especially if
you wanted to create some Dockerfiles for your own large infrastructure
(mailbox vs mailhub) setup.

--
Best regards,
Ed http://www.s5h.net/