Mailing List Archive

help, urgent!! qmail not fowarding to virtualdomains
hi, i have qmail gateway with virtualdomains.

# cat /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-sao-default

|grep -x "${EXT2}" /var/qmail/control/badmailto; if [ $? != 0 ]; then
/var/qmail/bin/forward "${EXT2}@sao.jamef"; else echo "Sorry, no mailbox
here by that name (#5.1.1)"
; exit 100; fi

but no sucess... qmail-send log:

status: local 0/120 remote 5/120
starting delivery 34: msg 134292113 to remote user@sao.jamef
delivery 34: deferral:
Sorry,_I_wasn't_able_to_establish_an_SMTP_connection._(#4.4.1)/

i can resolve the hostname sao.jamef and make connection with telnet.
but qmail not forwarding email.. why??
Re: help, urgent!! qmail not fowarding to virtualdomains [ In reply to ]
If you ever need urgent qmail help then consider engaging a paid qmail consultant. This mailing list is a good idea to get to hear from all qmail users but not as an emergency support request list... especially free support.

> On 09 Oct 2016, at 4:45 PM, rejaine@jamef.com.br wrote:
>
> hi, i have qmail gateway with virtualdomains.
>
> # cat /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-sao-default
>
> |grep -x "${EXT2}" /var/qmail/control/badmailto; if [ $? != 0 ]; then
> /var/qmail/bin/forward "${EXT2}@sao.jamef"; else echo "Sorry, no mailbox
> here by that name (#5.1.1)"
sao.jamef doesn't look like a fqdn. That could be your problem at the moment.

Your domain should be sao.jamef.com.br & not sao.jamef .

Re: help, urgent!! qmail not fowarding to virtualdomains [ In reply to ]
Can you post the contents of your
/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts & /var/qmail/control/smtproutes files

Sent from my iPhone

Re: help, urgent!! qmail not fowarding to virtualdomains [ In reply to ]
forget it, I myself have solved the problem. was an issue with
bindroutes file. sorry if I let you upset.

--
Rejaine da Silveira Monteiro
Suporte-TI
Re: help, urgent!! qmail not fowarding to virtualdomains [ In reply to ]
Congratulations!

Bindroutes ? What was the problem ?

I am not upset at all.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: help, urgent!! qmail not fowarding to virtualdomains [ In reply to ]
bindroutes was set only for external network. but the error was given
when making forward to the internal network. It was inserted into the
bindroutes the route to the internal network and everything worked.
thank you

Re: help, urgent!! qmail not fowarding to virtualdomains [ In reply to ]
oh great.

well done. at least now you have the problem and solution. this becomes a
good knowledge base.

keep well. cheers

--
Shepherd Nhongo

Do not Queue mail with SENDMAIL, send mail with QMAIL

Botswana # +267 744 760 40
Zimbabwe # +263 772 688 072
Re: help, urgent!! qmail not fowarding to virtualdomains [ In reply to ]
Thus said Rejaine Monteiro on Mon, 10 Oct 2016 10:05:55 -0300:

> bindroutes was set only for external network.

I've never heard of a qmail configuration by that name...

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 4000000057fbe926
Re: help, urgent!! qmail not fowarding to virtualdomains [ In reply to ]
Hi Andy,

It's there as a patch that allows you to control the "source IP" from which outgoing connections appear from a machine with multiple IP addresses.

This has been around for almost 19years now. :)

Sent from my iPhone

Re: help, urgent!! qmail not fowarding to virtualdomains [ In reply to ]
if you always want it to use one particular address, you can use the
outgoingip patch. If you want to use different addresses depending on
the envelope sender, you can use outgoingips patch. despite not need it
but decided to keep for future use.

Re: help, urgent!! qmail not fowarding to virtualdomains [ In reply to ]
Hi,

just to be complete.

qmail-remote within my s/qmail allows this as well ;-)

From the man-page

domainips
IP addresses to be used for outgoing connections. Each line has
the form domain:localip(%ifname)|helohost, without any extra spa-
ces. If domain matches the domain part in sender, qmail-remote
will bind to localip when connecting to host. LLU IPv6 addresses
need to be appended with the binding ifname following localip with
a '%'. If it matches, it will set the provided HELO string as
greeting; otherwise, it will use the default. domain can be the
wildcard * in which case qmail-remote binds to the provided
address for any sender domain name.

See: http://fehcom.de/sqmail/sqmailman.html

Regards.
--eh.

Dr. Erwin Hoffmann | FEHCom | http://www.fehcom.de | PGP Key-Id: EE00CF65
RE: help, urgent!! qmail not fowarding to virtualdomains [ In reply to ]
Erwin,

Please remove me from the list. No matter what I try it fails. Just remove
me please.

Thanks.

Bill Olson
support@nelsonandwright.com
Nelson and Wright, Inc.
Tel 207-929-8238
Fax 207-929-4278
http://www.nelsonandwright.com
Re: help, urgent!! qmail not fowarding to virtualdomains [ In reply to ]
hi Bill.

Send a blank email to qmail-unsubscribe-support=
nelsonandwright.com@list.cr.yp.to