might be the need to be able to install from RPMs etc - most variants
will do most of the things that people want - I want to be able to see
the DIFFERENCES.

On 2016-09-17 18:19, Kai Peter wrote:
> eQmail and indimail have TLS support too. And btw, spamdyke can be
> used for auth and TLS too.

OK, If all variants can do TLS happily - I should remove that line of
comparison.

> Your comparison is quite to flat to me.

Do you mean "too flat"? - in any case I am not sure what you mean by
"flat".

> Short, indimail is the most
> complete one including a lot of features.

These are the things I want people to tell me . .

> s/qmail has the "best"
> implementation of IPv6, but requires ucspi-ssl for TLS - it can't be
> used with (x)inetd w/o additional software (TLS/SSL).

OK, I will add that as a comparison line.

> eQmail is - more
> or less - a patched netqmail with sripped source code and some
> replacements/addons from my daily practice.

I switched fairly painlessly from netQmail to eQmail a while ago - now I
want to do a comparison.

> At least the most benefit
> of (X)qmail for me is its modularity. Thus it can be easily expanded
> through (inividual) wrappers to nearly any feature. Just in short.

Examples would be good.

> But independant of your sheet I think your initial problem is a config
> issue. I would expect this will happen with all qmail variants as well
> with any other MTA.

OK . .

> the root cause is to feature out and understand
> what is going wrong. Not to read standard docs as a variant of LWQ or
> switching to another software.

I don't understand what you are getting at . .

> And one more: a lot of the people who
> are running a MTA (public) shouldn't do this - IMHO. This would
> prevent all from a lot of trouble. This is not a qmail issue. Call me
> the bad one.

Again, I don't understand what you are getting at here either . .

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades