Mailing List Archive

[ANNOUNCE] eQmail-1.09 final is out
Greetings!

I'm pretty to announce that the final eQmail-1.09 is out - one year
after the previous release. The new version includes some new features:

-⁠ IPv6 for remote connections
-⁠ the "execute before remote" interface
-⁠ TLS required option
-⁠ submmission port feature

The download is available at ftp://ftp.dyndn.es/eqmail-1.09.tgz
sha256sum:
cf4c2d624c33b975169b35da65ea35929d22c4dc7277e35f3ed52daf2f40ea48
(ftp://ftp.dyndn.es/eqmail-1.09.tgz.sha256)

Some documentation is available at:

http://openqmail.org/doku.php?id=modules:eqmail
https://blog.dyndn.es/doku.php/blog/2016/03/01_eqmail_1.09
https://blog.dyndn.es/doku.php/blog/2016/03/30_eqmail_1.09_new_features

and around these direct links. The documentation will be extended
continuously. LWQ is - in most cases - still valid too.

eQmail will be discussed on the openqmail mailing list:
users+subscribe@lists.openqmail.org.

Any feedback is appreciated. Enjoy.

regards
Kai

----
Sent with eQmail-1.10-dev
RE: [ANNOUNCE] eQmail-1.09 final is out [ In reply to ]
Hello,

I am interested in using eQmail myself as I have had nothing but issues with TLS on FreeBSD. I can use TLS on i386 but I cannot get TLS to work on amd64. I don't know what the issue is.

I downloaded eQmail below and when I run make I am getting the following error. I am running FreeBSD 10.3

./compile ip.c
ip.c:74:21: error: passing 'struct ip_address' to parameter of incompatible type 'struct ip_address *'; take the address with &
temp=ip_fmt(s,ip4);
^~~
&
1 error generated.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /downloads/eqmail-1.09

I am curious what patches are applied to this version of qmail. I know you're working on the documentation. :-) I am a longtime user of John Simpsons patch (located at https://qmail.jms1.net/patches/combined-details.shtml ) and I am interested to know if I can apply some of the patches in his script including validrcptto and a few others.

I do have the following packages installed (This box is currently my test vm)

autorespond-2.0.5 Simple autoresponder for qmail
bash-4.3.42_1 The GNU Project's Bourne Again SHell
binutils-2.25.1_2,1 GNU binary tools
bison-2.7.1,1 Parser generator from FSF, (mostly) compatible with Yacc
ca_root_nss-3.22.2 Root certificate bundle from the Mozilla Project
cdb-0.75 Fast lookup database library & utilities
courier-unicode-1.4 Courier implementation of Unicode Standard related algorithms
curl-7.48.0_2 Non-interactive tool to get files from FTP, GOPHER, HTTP(S) servers
daemontools-0.76_17 Service monitoring and logging utilities by djb
dialog4ports-0.1.5_2 Console Interface to configure ports
dovecot-1.2.17_6 Secure and compact IMAP and POP3 servers
ezmlm-idx-7.1.1_2 Improved version of the ezmlm mailing list manager
fakeroot-1.20.2 Simulate the root user behaviour
gcc-4.8.5_2 GNU Compiler Collection 4.8
gcc-ecj-4.5 Eclipse Java Compiler used to build GCC Java
gettext-runtime-0.19.7 GNU gettext runtime libraries and programs
gettext-tools-0.19.7 GNU gettext development and translation tools
gmake-4.1_2 GNU version of 'make' utility
gmp-5.1.3_3 Free library for arbitrary precision arithmetic
indexinfo-0.2.4 Utility to regenerate the GNU info page index
libidn-1.31 Internationalized Domain Names command line tool
m4-1.4.17_1,1 GNU m4
maildrop-2.8.3_2 Mail delivery agent (MDA) with filtering abilities
mpc-1.0.3 Library of complex numbers with arbitrarily high precision
mpfr-3.1.4 Library for multiple-precision floating-point computations
patch-2.7.5 GNU patch utility
pcre-8.38_1 Perl Compatible Regular Expressions library
perl5-5.20.3_12 Practical Extraction and Report Language
pkg-1.7.2 Package manager
pkgconf-0.9.12_1 Utility to help to configure compiler and linker flags
ucspi-tcp-0.88_2 Command-line tools for building TCP client-server applications
unzip-6.0_7 List, test, and extract compressed files from a ZIP archive
vpopmail-5.4.33_2 Easy virtual domain and authentication package for use with qmail
wget-1.16.3_1 Retrieve files from the Net via HTTP(S) and FTP
zip-3.0_1 Create/update ZIP files compatible with PKZIP

Let me know.

Bill Olson
support@nelsonandwright.com
Nelson and Wright, Inc.
Tel 207-929-8238
Fax 207-929-4278
http://www.nelsonandwright.com

RE: [ANNOUNCE] eQmail-1.09 final is out [ In reply to ]
On 2016-04-29 14:54, Bill Olson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am interested in using eQmail myself as I have had nothing but
> issues with TLS on FreeBSD. I can use TLS on i386 but I cannot get TLS
> to work on amd64. I don't know what the issue is.

eQmail will not solve your FreeBSD TLS issue.

> I downloaded eQmail below and when I run make I am getting the
> following error. I am running FreeBSD 10.3
>
> ./compile ip.c
> ip.c:74:21: error: passing 'struct ip_address' to parameter of
> incompatible type 'struct ip_address *'; take the address with &
> temp=ip_fmt(s,ip4);
> ^~~
> &
> 1 error generated.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /downloads/eqmail-1.09

This is because you use NOT gcc as recommended. Edit conf-cc.

> I am curious what patches are applied to this version of qmail. I know
> you're working on the documentation. :-) I am a longtime user of John
> Simpsons patch (located at
> https://qmail.jms1.net/patches/combined-details.shtml ) and I am
> interested to know if I can apply some of the patches in his script
> including validrcptto and a few others.

By using eQmail stop to think in patches, think in functionalities.
Wanna recipient verification? Use e.g. a spp plugin. The freedom of
choice what to use has the price that you have to do it by yourself.

The docs are not complete overall, but the things above are in.

--
----
Sent with eQmail-1.10-dev
RE: [ANNOUNCE] eQmail-1.09 final is out [ In reply to ]
Can you elaborate on why you say

eQmail will not solve your FreeBSD TLS issue

What do you mean edit conf-cc. This is what is in it:

cc -O2 -DINET6 -DTLS=20151215 -I/usr/local/openssl/include

--
----
Sent with eQmail-1.10-dev
RE: [ANNOUNCE] eQmail-1.09 final is out [ In reply to ]
On 2016-04-29 15:47, Bill Olson wrote:
> Can you elaborate on why you say
>
> eQmail will not solve your FreeBSD TLS issue

Because it is a FreeBSD issue. Overall, a program uses the provided ssl
implementation from the distro. If the implementation is broken, the
program uses a broken implementation. How should this work properly?
This is not a problem of eQmail or any other derivatives. That's what I
understand of the given info.

> What do you mean edit conf-cc. This is what is in it:
>
> cc -O2 -DINET6 -DTLS=20151215 -I/usr/local/openssl/include

Yes, it is. Edit it to your needs. Seems that your ignorance is quite to
big here. And again, conf-cc is documented! I can't teach you how to
use/adjust a compiler and tools. Nevertheless, the easiest way is may
be:

gcc -O2 -DINET6 -DTLS=20151215 -I/usr/local/openssl/include