Mailing List Archive

s/qmail -- First beta is out
Hi together,

for those, who are worried not to be able to use their current qmail environment under the condition of

https://www.arin.net/announcements/2015/20150924.html

http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/09/north-america-is-out-of-ipv4-addresses-for-really-real-this-time/

there is a relief: s/qmail.

The first *beta* version of s/qmail (2.14.13) is available.

The code is now stable and almost complete:

- IPv6 integration
- TLS for all communication modules
- Authentication …

There are, however, some rough edges which need to get done in the near future:

* no real documentation yet (though s/qmail comes with comprehensive man pages)
* X.509 wildcard cert support untested yet
* qmail-tcpto untested for IPv6
* …

All local delivery qmail plug-ins are expected to work for s/qmail unaltered.

However, patches in particular for qmail-remote and qmail-smtpd will probably fail and may not lead to the desired results.

Please have a look here:

http://www.fehcom.de/sqmail/sqmail.html

I welcome everybody to join the beta program and inscribe to my s/qmail mailing list.

Best regards.
—eh.

---
Dr. Erwin Hoffmann | FEHCom | http://www.fehcom.de | PGP Key-Id: 7E4034BE