Mailing List Archive

Updated FreeBSD guide
Hello,

My name is William Olson and I have been working on a new guide for
FreeBSD 10.1 and I have called it qmail 2.0. I have been testing this on
and off for the past several months and the goal is to
setup a completely secure Mail Transfer Agent which includes:

Incoming SMTP
SMTP on SSL (TLS is optional)
A completely custom Maildir setup using vpopmail for Virtual Hosts
Spamassassin, Clamav with Qmail Scanner 2.x
Dovecot and Roundcube for Webmail Access
Qmailadmin for Administration/User access

If you go to http://www.freebsdrocks.net and register as a new user you
will see the qmail 2.0 guide under FAQs.

One thing I have been having an issue with is Dovecot and Roundcube with
SSL. When I try to use a username and password for webmail it gives me
an error: Unable to access storage device. I changed the settings in
Dovecot to use localhost on port 143 and it worked. My question is ....
if the IMAP and Apache services are running on the same server is
security really needed?

Thank you,

Bill Olson
http://www.freebsdrocks.net