is that I want to keep dropping spams during the SMTP receive
session, and not receive them at all! Every faq/howto seems
incredibly outdated and lacking this method.

Re: how to make spamassassin drop spam during delivery [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 18 Aug 2015 12:24:20 Gabor Berczi wrote:

> I'm running qmail+vpopmail, migrating from exim. The only showstopper
> is that I want to keep dropping spams during the SMTP receive
> session, and not receive them at all! Every faq/howto seems
> incredibly outdated and lacking this method.

Here's my approach to this,

http://free.acrconsulting.co.uk/email/spamrefuse.html

cheers,

Andrew.

* Custom email solutions * Systems Administration * Networking
http://www.acrconsulting.co.uk/email/qmail.html
Re: how to make spamassassin drop spam during delivery [ In reply to ]
Thanks Andrew & Thibault!

I like the logging patch. Unfortunately the spamassassin patch made
qmail-queue segfault when I added SPAMREFUSE="[anything]"

> http://qmailrocks.thibs.com/downloads/scripts/service-qmail-smtpd-run

So all I needed was to install simscan:
./configure --enable-spam=y --enable-clamav=n

And modify /var/qmail/tcp.smtp:
:allow,QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan"

Re: how to make spamassassin drop spam during delivery [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 18 Aug 2015 20:46:51 Gabor Berczi wrote:

> I like the logging patch. Unfortunately the spamassassin patch made
> qmail-queue segfault when I added SPAMREFUSE="[anything]"
>
> > http://qmailrocks.thibs.com/downloads/scripts/service-qmail-smtpd-run
>
> So all I needed was to install simscan:
> ./configure --enable-spam=y --enable-clamav=n
>
> And modify /var/qmail/tcp.smtp:
> :allow,QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/simscan"

Good to hear you've got a solution you're happy with. I'm curious as to why
spamrefuse failed, if you still have details of how you were running this
(i.e. the run script), and what specific version of qmail and any other patches
you were using I'd be interested...?

Re: how to make spamassassin drop spam during delivery [ In reply to ]
On Aug 18, 2015, at 9:43 PM, Andrew Richards wrote:

> Good to hear you've got a solution you're happy with. I'm curious
> as to why
> spamrefuse failed, if you still have details of how you were
> running this
> (i.e. the run script), and what specific version of qmail and any
> other patches
> you were using I'd be interested...?

Of course. Well, nothing real fancy. netqmail+logging+spamrefuse, and
this script:

softlimit -m 256000000 tcpserver -v -x/var/qmail/tcp.cdb -u qmaild -g
nofiles xx.yy.aa.bb smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1 | /var/qmail/
bin/splogger smtpd 3

With daemontools.