Mailing List Archive

[DOCUMENTATION] eQmail-1.08
I published new documentation of eQmail at my blog:

https://blog.dyndn.es/doku.php?id=blog:2015:06:18_my_eqmail_roadmap

It should explain on a higher level how I do use eQmail and why I do the
things like I do.

Preview: I'm working on a quick installation guide of eQmail.

Regards,
Kai
Re: [DOCUMENTATION] eQmail-1.08 [ In reply to ]
Kai,

On , K. Peter wrote:
> I published new documentation of eQmail at my blog:
>
> https://blog.dyndn.es/doku.php?id=blog:2015:06:18_my_eqmail_roadmap
>
> It should explain on a higher level how I do use eQmail and why I do
> the things like I do.
>
> Preview: I'm working on a quick installation guide of eQmail.

This is great -just what I was looking for! Are you happy to answer Qs
that are not strictly about eQmail? eg why you prefer to use SpamDyke in
your chain etc?

Thanks,

Phil.

--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra NSW 2794
Australia
E-mail: phil@pricom.com.au
Re: [DOCUMENTATION] eQmail-1.08 [ In reply to ]
On 2015-06-18 20:37, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> Kai,
>

> On , K. Peter wrote:
>> I published new documentation of eQmail at my blog:
>>
>> https://blog.dyndn.es/doku.php?id=blog:2015:06:18_my_eqmail_roadmap
>>
>> It should explain on a higher level how I do use eQmail and why I do
>> the things like I do.
>>
>> Preview: I'm working on a quick installation guide of eQmail.

Such things take time, e.g. I did start with the roadmap on March 17th

> This is great -just what I was looking for! Are you happy to answer
> Qs that are not strictly about eQmail? eg why you prefer to use
> SpamDyke in your chain etc?

For sure, of course it is a bit OT. Spamdyke is especially for qmail. It
fits perfect (IMHO). One of the greatest features are the (r)DNS checks.
An example: On a MTA with MX record pointing to a public IP (v4) I have
round about 30000 (thirty thousand) connections a day. All are rejected
by spamdyke. Good mails - round about 1000 a day - come still through. I
don't know how much you know about spammers DNS but some times (quite
often) they are better than ISP's. Beside the server load decreases
dramatically against content filtering.

Other things are: recipient check, tarpitting and smtp auth including
TLS on several levels. The configuration is easy ... ok, enough
advertisement ;-)

At the end - I tried it out and I stayed. Btw, some people on the web
asked for spamdyke or alike for other MTA's ...