a) give a performance benefit if the qmail queue directory is on the
same filesystem
b) will qmail complain if I move the queue there and create a symlink
from the original location at /var/qmail/queue

best regards

Oliver
--
Protect your environment - close windows and adopt a penguin!
Re: Use symlink to queue directory [ In reply to ]
Thus said Oliver Welter on Mon, 26 Jan 2015 19:11:55 +0100:

> Would it a) give a performance benefit if the qmail queue directory is
> on the same filesystem

No, and in fact, it might be better if the queue is on a separate
spindle.

> b) will qmail complain if I move the queue there and create a symlink
> from the original location at /var/qmail/queue

I don't think so, just keep in mind that the subdirectories of
/var/qmail/queue must be on the same filesystem because it relies on
inodes which have a filesystem boundary.

But as I said above, if the new partition is on a separate spindle, then
you might actually gain by just leaving /var/qmail/queue where it is.

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 4000000054c72006