Thanks,

Alex Nee
Hard__warE
Re: Qmail Hide IP in Headers (for relay clients) Patch [ In reply to ]
> Seems to work flawlessly (Considering i dont know how to Programm in C,
> Just
> hack. ;-)

Well like always , Murphy got the better of me, i found a few bugs and
unneeded code ...

The new patch is at same location,
http://windy.zapto.org/qmail/patches/Qmail-Hide-IP-Headers.patch

Read the patch details for info on getting the old patches =)

Thanks

Alex Nee
Hard__warE
Re: Qmail Hide IP in Headers (for relay clients) Patch [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 07:45:34AM +1000, Hard__warE wrote:
> Well like always , Murphy got the better of me, i found a few bugs and
> unneeded code ...
>
> The new patch is at same location,
> http://windy.zapto.org/qmail/patches/Qmail-Hide-IP-Headers.patch

No patch at all is necessary. Simply set TCPREMOTEIP and TCPREMOTEHOST to empty
strings in qmail-smtpd's environment when the connection comes from one of your
internal addresses.

For example, if your internal network is 192.168.1.0/24, you could have this in
your tcpserver rules file:

192.168.1.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",TCPREMOTEIP="",TCPREMOTEHOST=""

Chris
Re: Qmail Hide IP in Headers (for relay clients) Patch [ In reply to ]
That would be right , i overlooked the obvious ....

Thanks ...

Although i have found scenarios where a patch rather then
TCP Server Rules would be better ...

Mainly where a Mail Server only allows Relay After SMTP-Auth
and the TCP Server Rule file only has Loopback and Default =)

Much Appreciated ....

Alex Nee
Hard__warE