Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 15:59:01 -0500 (EST)
From: Evan Champion <evanc@cello.synapse.net>
Subject: testing
Sender: owner-humour-list@cello.synapse.net
To: humour-list@cello.synapse.net

Notice the two Delivered-To lines, and that the top one shows the
outgoing address of the list.

It also seems like without using qlist, you seem to lose the improved
bounce detection. Is there a way to get the bounce detection with
another mailing list package? (alternatively, is there a way to get
qlist to run moderated mailing lists?)

Evan
--
Evan Champion * Director, Network Operations
mailto:evanc@synapse.net * Directeur, Exploitation du reseau
Re: qmail and Petidomo [ In reply to ]
Evan Champion writes:
> > If you're using qlist, you might want my qlist patch, which changes
> > the security feature from setting the suid bit on the .qmail file to
> > insisting that a +list command appears prior to any addresses qlist
> > adds. Both of these features cause qmail to defer delivery to any
> > non-forward addresses, but the second allows you to insert a filter by
> > hand prior to the +list command.
>
> That would be particularly nice for adding things like auto-archiving.

Actually, no. The envelope sender isn't set until *after* the mail is
forwarded, so if there's an error in anything run from the mailing
list .qmail file, the bounce message will go to the author of the
postings, not to the list maintainer. Instead, forward to
LIST-archive, and archive from that .qmail file.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com> http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software sells network driver support | PGP ok