email. If any one knows the variables for those I would be very happy.

Thanks a bunch,
Austin
Re: qmail environment variables [ In reply to ]
Austin <bymyhand@northlink.com> wrote:
> I am using qmail with a mail filtering program called maildrop. In a
> configuration example I received it had variables $EXT for the user and
> $HOST for the domain name. These variables were not defined in the
> script. After some searching I found out that they were qmail
> environment variables. If I am correct I am asking for a list of all the
> variables that I can use.

`man dot-qmail` and `man qmail-command`. Please do RTFM next time before
posting a question to the list.

Charles
Charles Cazabon <qmail@discworld.dyndns.org>
GPL'ed software available at: http://www.qcc.ca/~charlesc/software/
Read http://www.qcc.ca/~charlesc/writings/12-steps-to-qmail-list-bliss.html
RE: qmail environment variables [ In reply to ]
Hey thanks, that's all I was looking for.

Austin

> I am using qmail with a mail filtering program called maildrop. In a
> configuration example I received it had variables $EXT for the user
and
> $HOST for the domain name. These variables were not defined in the
> script. After some searching I found out that they were qmail
> environment variables. If I am correct I am asking for a list of all
the
> variables that I can use.

`man dot-qmail` and `man qmail-command`. Please do RTFM next time
before
posting a question to the list.

Charles
---
Re: qmail environment variables [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 4:06 AM, <qmail@top-consulting.net> wrote:

> Is it possible to pass environment variables all the way from qmail-queue
> to qmail-local and even vdelivermail ?

Yes with some modifications to qmail-queue, qmail-send, qmail-lspawn,
qmail-rspawn. You can use indimail - http://www.indimail.org which adds a
control file called 'envheaders' to qmail-queue. envheaders can be used
along with Russ Nelson's QQEH (qmail-queue Extra Header) to pass any
environment variable to the queue and which can be picked up by qmail-lspawn
and qmail-rspawn (and hence available in qmail-remote, qmail-local).

> As far as I can tell, all files are run by the same user up to vdelivermail
> so the environment should stay the same.

qmail-lspawn, qmail-rspawn are not children of qmail-queue and hence they
will not share the environment variables available to qmail-queue.

--
Regards Manvendra - http://www.indimail.org
Re: qmail environment variables [ In reply to ]
Thus said Vahid Moghaddasi on Wed, 21 Jan 2015 21:34:40 -0500:

> For example, from qmail-inject to qmail-remote, etc. I am trying to
> manipulate the headers such as 'subject' with a simple shell wrapper
> so every mail leaves the system with a "revised" subject line rather
> than what the user has put in.

The only way I know of to accomplish such a feat without patching is
using something like:

http://cr.yp.to/qmail/faq/servers.html#network-rewriting

Andy
--