win95b. The .py and .pyw extension is associated with pythonw.exe, but
they don't appear to work. Also, double-clicking pythonw.exe doesn't
accomplish anyhting. Any clues, hints?
--------------------------------
Ken Power
uncle_wiggly at bigfoot dot com
get that?
--------------------------------
pythonw.exe doesn't work [ In reply to ]
Ken Power wrote:

> Another windows problem. Python scripts won't run on my system
> (when I do the double-click scenario). I'm using Python 1.5.2 on
> win95b. The .py and .pyw extension is associated with pythonw.exe, but
> they don't appear to work. Also, double-clicking pythonw.exe doesn't
> accomplish anyhting. Any clues, hints?

The association of Pythonw.exe with the .py extension is wrong.
Pythonw is a Python without a console, so it most probably
does what it should do: execute a script and vanish.

You should change the .py association back to python.exe .
Pythonw is there for running COM server processes, applications
which create their own windows, and so on.

ciao - chris

--
Christian Tismer :^) <mailto:tismer@appliedbiometrics.com>
Applied Biometrics GmbH : Have a break! Take a ride on Python's