Mailing List Archive

LLNL distribution 11 available
xfiles.llnl.gov and ftp-icf.llnl.gov are now back up, and I have fought my
way back through the security changes so I was able to fix the links to make
them point to version 11. Versions 9 and 10 are also available via the ftp
site.

At version 11 the Windows distribution changes from a .exe file (an
installer) to a .zip file that has a simple installation script you run with
Python. This installation procedure requires Python 1.5. If you do not have
Python 1.5 you will have to install by hand in whatever way you choose.

Those of you who tried to use the link to LLNLDistribution.zip and failed
were victims of the sudden LLNL shutdown, for which we are sorry.

I also discovered that I had failed to upload the gifs and style sheet for
the HTML version of the Numerical Python document. That is fixed too.
Another reason to prefer PDF.(:->.