Thanks

--
Kevin
PIL fonts - Where are you? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Kevin K. Ehmka wrote:
> Does anybody have some ready made fonts in PIL format they want to share? A

I avn send you some. I'v compiled them from BDF fonts. English parts of
these fonts are ASCII, but characters from 128 up are Cyrillic (Russian).
If you have some BDF fonts, I could try to compile them to PIL format.

> web site maybe? I was unsuccessful today creating any.

What's the problem?

> Thanks
>
> --
> Kevin

Oleg.
----
Oleg Broytmann National Research Surgery Centre http://sun.med.ru/~phd/
PIL fonts - Where are you? [ In reply to ]
Oleg Broytmann wrote in message ...
>On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Kevin K. Ehmka wrote:
>> Does anybody have some ready made fonts in PIL format they want to share?
>
> I avn send you some. I'v compiled them from BDF fonts. English parts of
>these fonts are ASCII, but characters from 128 up are Cyrillic (Russian).
> If you have some BDF fonts, I could try to compile them to PIL format.
>
>> web site maybe? I was unsuccessful today creating any.
>
> What's the problem?

I'm using the compiled binaries of PIL (from Starship) and fail to get
pilfont to work on several BDF fonts. I even used a font maker program and I
get different errors. Using 1.0b I get encoder errors. Using 0.3 PIL I get
array bounds errors.

If you could, Oleg, please email me some of yours. Thank you.
PIL fonts - Where are you? [ In reply to ]
Kevin K. Ehmka wrote:
> >> Does anybody have some ready made fonts in PIL format they want to share?

we'll post pilfont versions of the fonts in the X11 release within a
near future. These fonts are fully redistributable, but the current
version of pilfont doesn't copy the copyright text from the source
files. That should be fixed first.

> I'm using the compiled binaries of PIL (from Starship) and fail to get
> pilfont to work on several BDF fonts. I even used a font maker program and I
> get different errors. Using 1.0b I get encoder errors. Using 0.3 PIL I get
> array bounds errors.

pilfont has been tested with all files from the standard distribution,
but the version shipped with 1.0b1 fails on fonts generated by some
other tools. most notable, it assumes that the FONT field is a full
X11 font specifier, e.g:

FONT -Adobe-Times-Medium-R-Normal--11-80-100-100-P-54-ISO8859-1

some tools use values like "font1" or "generated" etc. you could
try editing the files by hand, changing the value of FONT to some-
thing (anything) with an appropriate number of hyphens in it...

this will be fixed (together with some other problems) in 1.0 final.

</F>
PIL fonts - Where are you? [ In reply to ]
In article <002c01be8744$4a7af2d0$f29b12c2@pythonware.com>, Fredrik
Lundh <fredrik@pythonware.com> wrote:

> pilfont has been tested with all files from the standard distribution,
> but the version shipped with 1.0b1 fails on fonts generated by some
> other tools. most notable, it assumes that the FONT field is a full
> X11 font specifier, e.g:
>
> FONT -Adobe-Times-Medium-R-Normal--11-80-100-100-P-54-ISO8859-1

I note that in the fonts used with Snow, the above information is the
filename. But such filenames are too long for MacOS. Please consider
storing this info elsewhere, and using shorter file names.

Cheers,
-- Joe

| Joseph J. Strout Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
| joe@strout.net http://www.strout.net |
Check out the Mac Web Directory! http://www.strout.net/macweb.cgi