Mailing List Archive

event loops using tkinter & VTK
Hi,

I'm trying to write of a general-purpose volume slice viewer
using VTK and python with Tkinter. I've got most of it working
(with David Gobbi's vtkImageReslice).

I am trying to design the software so that the current slice can be
changed using a slider (this works) and the slice image can
be zoomed/panned by clicking in the vtkRender window and continuously
capturing mouse events (middle mouse = zoom, for example).
Currently, I can *either* use the tkinter slider to change the slice
*or* remap the buttons in the vtkRenderWindowInteractor function to
zoom/pan (although how do I do continuous polling?), but not both
simultaneously (as they have independent event loops).

Can I create one big event loop that can deal with both continuous
cursor reading from the vtkRender window and interactions with the tkinter
slider window?

I hope this is somewhat clear. I'm also not sure if this should be posted
in the python or vtk groups, so I'm posting to both...

TIA for any pointers/suggestions,

Heather