Mailing List Archive

Confused by COM
Dear All,
on this thread, perhaps someone can explain the following.
I am starting to play with COM. I have read the tutorial and looked at the
demos and am now playing with Andy Robinson's SpamServer/SpamCan demo.

Everything seems fine on the face of it. The standalone python part works,
the COM facilities seem to work. BUT after uninstalling the SpamServer
and the SpamCan components, I still see an entry for SpamCan using the
COM Browser that comes with pythonwin.
It appears to be the correct UUID as the one that I install, as after installing
there are only the two entries under the PythonServer entry, and the UUID
tallys.
I don't understand why the SpamServer uninstalls correctly(?) but the
SpamCan doesn't.

Similarly using the Registry Editor that comes with Nortons, I can remove the
SpamCan entry but still see it using the pythonwin COM browser?

Thanks,
David

* David Dench *
* The University of Huddersfield , UK *