Mailing List Archive

Using pydal for standalone scripts
I am looking into creating a database abstraction library using pydal
and mysql as the engine. I noticed that I have to specify a 'folder'
with the connection string to tell pydal where to save "table files".

So I'll have hundreds of different databases and install this library
on many machines. Do I need to standardize a place for these files and
make sure that directory exists on every machine that uses the library?
It seems rather cumbersome. I mean, couldn't pydal have just put
this information into the database in its own private table?

Thanks!