Mailing List Archive

Re: How to add clickable url links to 3D Matplotlib chart ?
On 30/03/23 8:39 am, a a wrote:
> How to add clickable url links to the following 3D Matplotlib chart to make it knowledge representation 3D chart, make of 1,000+ open Tabs in Firefox ?

It seems that matplotlib can be made to generate SVG images with
hyperlinks in them:

https://matplotlib.org/stable/gallery/misc/hyperlinks_sgskip.html

--
Greg
Re: How to add clickable url links to 3D Matplotlib chart ? [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, 29 March 2023 at 22:51:15 UTC+2, Greg Ewing wrote:
> On 30/03/23 8:39 am, a a wrote:
> > How to add clickable url links to the following 3D Matplotlib chart to make it knowledge representation 3D chart, make of 1,000+ open Tabs in Firefox ?
> It seems that matplotlib can be made to generate SVG images with
> hyperlinks in them:
>
> https://matplotlib.org/stable/gallery/misc/hyperlinks_sgskip.html
>
> --
> Greg
thank you
but I need mouse hover-on, mouse click events to be handled by a simple algorithm to calculate which ball/circle has been selected (in the Matplotlib 3D animated chart above) to make the selected ball to flash and have label opened made of url icon, name of url, followed by url (exactly what Firefox makes with Tabs)

For knowledge representation, 1,000+ Tabs open in Firefox, earthquakes 3D live chart by Giuseppe is a nice tool.

One axis can represent time (timeline), two other axis can represent features attributed to to opened Tabs, like frequency of visits, ranking.

Ok, balls should overlayed with a respective url icon, as done in Firefox (Tabs row) : url icon + label's name abbreviated
Re: How to add clickable url links to 3D Matplotlib chart ? [ In reply to ]
Am 30.03.23 um 01:11 schrieb a a:
> On Wednesday, 29 March 2023 at 22:51:15 UTC+2, Greg Ewing wrote:
>> On 30/03/23 8:39 am, a a wrote:
>>> How to add clickable url links to the following 3D Matplotlib chart to make it knowledge representation 3D chart, make of 1,000+ open Tabs in Firefox ?
>> It seems that matplotlib can be made to generate SVG images with
>> hyperlinks in them:
>>
>> https://matplotlib.org/stable/gallery/misc/hyperlinks_sgskip.html
>>
>> --
>> Greg
> thank you
> but I need mouse hover-on, mouse click events to be handled by a simple algorithm to calculate which ball/circle has been selected (in the Matplotlib 3D animated chart above) to make the selected ball to flash and have label opened made of url icon, name of url, followed by url (exactly what Firefox makes with Tabs)
>
> For knowledge representation, 1,000+ Tabs open in Firefox, earthquakes 3D live chart by Giuseppe is a nice tool.
>
> One axis can represent time (timeline), two other axis can represent features attributed to to opened Tabs, like frequency of visits, ranking.
>
> Ok, balls should overlayed with a respective url icon, as done in Firefox (Tabs row) : url icon + label's name abbreviated

It doesn't sound as if there is a "one-line" solution to this problem.
It sounds more like you want a video game engine to interact with a 3D
world.

There used to be a 3D version of HTML, called VRML, with the successor
of X3D that could show such a thing in the browser, but I doubt that
there is easy support for it any more in recent browsers. Therefore it
would be difficult to post this to the internet, unless you invest in
some JS programming. In case you want to run this on your local
computer, as opposed to in the browser, you can check out Python game
engines.

Christian
Re: How to add clickable url links to 3D Matplotlib chart ? [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, 30 March 2023 at 07:55:13 UTC+2, Christian Gollwitzer wrote:
> Am 30.03.23 um 01:11 schrieb a a:
> >> It seems that matplotlib can be made to generate SVG images with
> >> hyperlinks in them:
> >>
> >> https://matplotlib.org/stable/gallery/misc/hyperlinks_sgskip.html
> >>
> >> --
> >> Greg
> > thank you
> > but I need mouse hover-on, mouse click events to be handled by a simple algorithm to calculate which ball/circle has been selected (in the Matplotlib 3D animated chart above) to make the selected ball to flash and have label opened made of url icon, name of url, followed by url (exactly what Firefox makes with Tabs)
> >
> > For knowledge representation, 1,000+ Tabs open in Firefox, earthquakes 3D live chart by Giuseppe is a nice tool.
> >
> > One axis can represent time (timeline), two other axis can represent features attributed to to opened Tabs, like frequency of visits, ranking.
> >
> > Ok, balls should overlayed with a respective url icon, as done in Firefox (Tabs row) : url icon + label's name abbreviated
> It doesn't sound as if there is a "one-line" solution to this problem.
> It sounds more like you want a video game engine to interact with a 3D
> world.
>
> There used to be a 3D version of HTML, called VRML, with the successor
> of X3D that could show such a thing in the browser, but I doubt that
> there is easy support for it any more in recent browsers. Therefore it
> would be difficult to post this to the internet, unless you invest in
> some JS programming. In case you want to run this on your local
> computer, as opposed to in the browser, you can check out Python game
> engines.
>
> Christian
VRML is to heavy for me

--

http://mpld3.github.io/examples/index.html#example-gallery

Matplotlib charts can be integrated into web browser / Javascript

mpld3 — Bringing Matplotlib to the Browser
mpld3.github.io

mpld3 project brings together Matplotlib, the popular Python-based graphing library, and D3js, the popular JavaScript library for creating interactive

Javascript can track mouse position, mouse events, so I can calculate
which ball/circle is selected to modify hue and generate active label assigned to the ball and have url link in the label opened by 2 mouse clicks.

WebGL is nice but heavy for my project
https://webglsamples.org/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebGL

All I need is Javascript to get access to database rendering geolocated balls, charted by Matplolib
to update input data for a given ball and have Matplotlib chart to refresh on mouse click/ mouse hover - on

To get 3D space I need to geolocate 1,000+Tabs open in Firefox

Website geolocation I can read from domain register/s

I need to project spherical Earth's globo to the place to get X - Y axis

As a newbie to Python, I am looking for an experienced coder.
Re: How to add clickable url links to 3D Matplotlib chart ? [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, 30 March 2023 at 13:14:33 UTC+2, a a wrote:
> On Thursday, 30 March 2023 at 07:55:13 UTC+2, Christian Gollwitzer wrote:

> > > thank you
> > > but I need mouse hover-on, mouse click events to be handled by a simple algorithm to calculate which ball/circle has been selected (in the Matplotlib 3D animated chart above) to make the selected ball to flash and have label opened made of url icon, name of url, followed by url (exactly what Firefox makes with Tabs)
> > >
> > > For knowledge representation, 1,000+ Tabs open in Firefox, earthquakes 3D live chart by Giuseppe is a nice tool.
> > >
> > > One axis can represent time (timeline), two other axis can represent features attributed to to opened Tabs, like frequency of visits, ranking.
> > >
> > > Ok, balls should overlayed with a respective url icon, as done in Firefox (Tabs row) : url icon + label's name abbreviated
> > It doesn't sound as if there is a "one-line" solution to this problem.
> > It sounds more like you want a video game engine to interact with a 3D
> > world.
> >
> > There used to be a 3D version of HTML, called VRML, with the successor
> > of X3D that could show such a thing in the browser, but I doubt that
> > there is easy support for it any more in recent browsers. Therefore it
> > would be difficult to post this to the internet, unless you invest in
> > some JS programming. In case you want to run this on your local
> > computer, as opposed to in the browser, you can check out Python game
> > engines.
> >
> > Christian
> VRML is to heavy for me
>
> --
>

> http://mpld3.github.io/examples/index.html#example-gallery
>
> Matplotlib charts can be integrated into web browser / Javascript
>
> mpld3 — Bringing Matplotlib to the Browser
> mpld3.github.io
>
> mpld3 project brings together Matplotlib, the popular Python-based graphing library, and D3js, the popular JavaScript library for creating interactive
>
> Javascript can track mouse position, mouse events, so I can calculate
> which ball/circle is selected to modify hue and generate active label assigned to the ball and have url link in the label opened by 2 mouse clicks.
>
> WebGL is nice but heavy for my project
> https://webglsamples.org/
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebGL
>
> All I need is Javascript to get access to database rendering geolocated balls, charted by Matplolib
> to update input data for a given ball and have Matplotlib chart to refresh on mouse click/ mouse hover - on
>
> To get 3D space I need to geolocate 1,000+Tabs open in Firefox
>
> Website geolocation I can read from domain register/s
>
> I need to project spherical Earth's globo to the place to get X - Y axis
>

> As a newbie to Python, I am looking for an experienced coder.

follow-up

http://mpld3.github.io/examples/index.html#example-gallery

I need to loop Matplotlib charts to get refreshed with new data inputs with mouse events
(ball selection, selected ball new hue)

Please keep in mind I need to open great Matplotlib charts by Giuseppe in web browser
to serve as a knowledge representation and visualization for 1,000+ Tab open in Firefox

https://twitter.com/gmrpetricca/status/1633477532526817281
Re: How to add clickable url links to 3D Matplotlib chart ? [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, 30 March 2023 at 13:19:51 UTC+2, a a wrote:
> On Thursday, 30 March 2023 at 13:14:33 UTC+2, a a wrote:

> > > It doesn't sound as if there is a "one-line" solution to this problem.
> > > It sounds more like you want a video game engine to interact with a 3D
> > > world.
> > >
> > > There used to be a 3D version of HTML, called VRML, with the successor
> > > of X3D that could show such a thing in the browser, but I doubt that
> > > there is easy support for it any more in recent browsers. Therefore it
> > > would be difficult to post this to the internet, unless you invest in
> > > some JS programming. In case you want to run this on your local
> > > computer, as opposed to in the browser, you can check out Python game
> > > engines.
> > >
> > > Christian
> > VRML is to heavy for me
> >
> > --
> >

> > http://mpld3.github.io/examples/index.html#example-gallery
> >
> > Matplotlib charts can be integrated into web browser / Javascript
> >
> > mpld3 — Bringing Matplotlib to the Browser
> > mpld3.github.io
> >
> > mpld3 project brings together Matplotlib, the popular Python-based graphing library, and D3js, the popular JavaScript library for creating interactive
> >
> > Javascript can track mouse position, mouse events, so I can calculate
> > which ball/circle is selected to modify hue and generate active label assigned to the ball and have url link in the label opened by 2 mouse clicks.
> >
> > WebGL is nice but heavy for my project
> > https://webglsamples.org/
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebGL
> >
> > All I need is Javascript to get access to database rendering geolocated balls, charted by Matplolib
> > to update input data for a given ball and have Matplotlib chart to refresh on mouse click/ mouse hover - on
> >
> > To get 3D space I need to geolocate 1,000+Tabs open in Firefox
> >
> > Website geolocation I can read from domain register/s
> >
> > I need to project spherical Earth's globo to the place to get X - Y axis
> >

> > As a newbie to Python, I am looking for an experienced coder.
> follow-up
>
> http://mpld3.github.io/examples/index.html#example-gallery
>
> I need to loop Matplotlib charts to get refreshed with new data inputs with mouse events
> (ball selection, selected ball new hue)
>
> Please keep in mind I need to open great Matplotlib charts by Giuseppe in web browser
> to serve as a knowledge representation and visualization for 1,000+ Tab open in Firefox
>
> https://twitter.com/gmrpetricca/status/1633477532526817281

2D Matplotlib solution for my project

http://mpld3.github.io/examples/html_tooltips.html

How to get it upgraded to 3D Matplotlib
and get label to feature web link url assigned to a specified ball/ circle ?