              I am Pranav Bhardwaj and I am facing issue regarding python
version. When I try to open python in my command prompt, I see there is
very older version in it that is python 2.7.13 as a default version. I
want to switch my default version to the latest version in my command
prompt. Plese help me how can I do this.

References

Visible links
1. https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986
Re: found older version of python in my command prompt [ In reply to ]
> On 28 Mar 2023, at 16:44, pranavbhardwaj773@gmail.com wrote:
>
> ?
>

> Sent from [1]Mail for Windows
>
> Dear sir,
>
> I am Pranav Bhardwaj and I am facing issue regarding python
> version. When I try to open python in my command prompt, I see there is
> very older version in it that is python 2.7.13 as a default version. I
> want to switch my default version to the latest version in my command
> prompt. Plese help me how can I do this.

Uninstall python 2.7 in the usual windows way.
Download python 3.11 from python.org and run the installer.

In a cmd terminal window run py.exe and you should get the python prompt.

Barry

RE: found older version of python in my command prompt [ In reply to ]
The quickest and dirtiest fix is to edit your %path% variable in windows. Remove all python versions you don't want from the path and Windows won't find them.You can then just delete the unwanted python directories.That doesn't remove any old dll files in secret locations but this is a dirty fix.--(Unsigned mail from my phone)
-------- Original message --------From: pranavbhardwaj773@gmail.com Date: 29/3/23 02:43 (GMT+10:00) To: Python-list@python.org Subject: found older version of python in my command prompt            Sent from [1]Mail for Windows   Dear sir,                 I am Pranav Bhardwaj and I am facing issue regarding python   version. When I try to open python in my command prompt, I see there is   very older version in it that is python 2.7.13 as a default version. I   want to switch my default version to the latest version in my command   prompt. Plese help me how can I do this.    References   Visible links   1. https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986-- https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list