Mailing List Archive

RE: Python installation not full and python not working 3.11.0
Hello all,

I would like to ask you for help. I have been using Python 3.8 for almost 2 years and I decided to update to 3.11. Initially everything was correct. But at some point Windows shows me that Python is being reinstalled (I don't have a message print screen ..), but from that time I cannot run Python at all on my PC.

So I tried to reinstall it several times with no success. All the time I receive this "The system cannot find the file C:\Users...\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\python.exe."
But files are there:
[cid:image001.png@01D953B0.4E12E170]
Even when I try to run "python.exe" directly I receive this error:
[cid:image002.png@01D953B0.4E12E170]

System Variables are right (added it to both PATH):
1) User Variables:
[cid:image003.png@01D953B0.4E12E170]

2) System Variables
[cid:image004.png@01D953B0.4E12E170]

Strange thing is that after RE-Installing Python the "pip.exe" is missing in subfolder "Python/Scripts/" (it is simply empty - not installed but I mark pip to be installed):
[cid:image005.png@01D953B0.4E12E170]

I tried also Repair - no success.

Details:
System: Windows 10 (21H2)
Python: 3.11.0 (full 64bit installer from python.org)

* Downloaded from: Python Release Python 3.11.0 | Python.org<https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-3110/>

cmd:
[cid:image006.png@01D953B0.4E12E170]

This is resulting that I cannot use interpreter in VS Code and continue development. Any one Any Idea? Thank you

S pozdravem

Jan Va?ko

Re: Python installation not full and python not working 3.11.0 [ In reply to ]