Mailing List Archive

How to fix this issue
How I can remove python terminl, its again and again open during working in python. Please help me to resolve this issue.
Python 3.11.1 (tags/v3.11.1:a7a450f, Dec 6 2022, 19:58:39) [MSC v.1934 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

Re: How to fix this issue [ In reply to ]
On 2/27/23 17:51, Arslan Mehmood wrote:
> How I can remove python terminl, its again and again open during working in python. Please help me to resolve this issue.
> Python 3.11.1 (tags/v3.11.1:a7a450f, Dec 6 2022, 19:58:39) [MSC v.1934 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

We have no idea what you think the "issue" is. Perhaps if you attempted
a bit more of an explanation? You're working with Python, and the
Python interpreter appears. On the surface, that doesn't seem horribly
unusual.

Have you read this?

https://docs.python.org/3/using/windows.html

Re: How to fix this issue [ In reply to ]
On 3/1/2023 1:26 PM, Mats Wichmann wrote:
> On 2/27/23 17:51, Arslan Mehmood wrote:
>> How I can remove python terminl, its again and again open during
>> working in python. Please help me to resolve this issue.
>> Python 3.11.1 (tags/v3.11.1:a7a450f, Dec  6 2022, 19:58:39) [MSC
>> v.1934 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
>>>>>

> We have no idea what you think the "issue" is. Perhaps if you attempted
> a bit more of an explanation?  You're working with Python, and the
> Python interpreter appears. On the surface, that doesn't seem horribly
> unusual.

Let me spell it out more clearly. I do not know what you mean by
"remove python terminal", "again and again open", or "during working
with python".

It would be more helpful if you said what you did, what happened when
you did it, and what messages you noticed during all this.

For example:

"I opened a Windows console. I started a Python interpreter session by
typing "py" in the console (or "I started an ipython session", or
whatever you actually did). I tried to end the session by pressing the
<CTRL-C> keys but the session did not end. When I pressed <CTRL-C>, I
saw a message that said

KeyboardInterrupt
>>>"

If this is what actually happened, this particular behavior occurs
because Python on Windows in a console terminates with a <CTRL-D>
instead of the usual <CTRL-C>.

So please say clearly what you did and what happened. Then you may be
able to get some help.

We understand that you may not know the terminology that would be the
most helpful because you are not familiar with it yet. But please try
to say clearly what you did and what happened.

Re: How to fix this issue [ In reply to ]
On 01/03/2023 18:46, Thomas Passin wrote:

> If this is what actually happened, this particular behavior occurs
> because Python on Windows in a console terminates with a <CTRL-D>
> instead of the usual <CTRL-C>.

I think you mean <CTRL-Z>.
Re: How to fix this issue [ In reply to ]
On 3/1/2023 8:23 PM, Rob Cliffe via Python-list wrote:

> On 01/03/2023 18:46, Thomas Passin wrote:
>>
>> If this is what actually happened, this particular behavior occurs
>> because Python on Windows in a console terminates with a <CTRL-D>
>> instead of the usual <CTRL-C>.
>>
> I think you mean <CTRL-Z>.

Correct! I double checked all three of them and then typed the wrong
one. I suppose I should have included that you have to also type an
<ENTER> after the <CNTL-Z>.