Mailing List Archive

Rob Cliffe should stop sending me rude email messages.

At the very least, Rob Cliffe should stop sending me ANY email messages, if he doesn't intend to an email i've sent him.

Re: Rob Cliffe should stop sending me rude email messages. [ In reply to ]
[.I replied to the list, but for some reason my posts don't always get through, so I'm replying to you separately.]

i guess.... if you have anything useful to say.... you can do that again.
Your comments about (not "int") (whch didn't get through, apparently)
were among the few that were relevant.

On Sunday, February 26, 2023 at 10:10:09?AM UTC-8, Hen Hanna wrote:
> Rob Cliffe should stop sending me rude email messages.
>

> At the very least, Rob Cliffe should stop sending me ANY email messages, if he doesn't intend to an email i've sent him.

At the very least, Rob Cliffe should stop sending me
ANY email messages,
if he doesn't intend to respond to an email i've sent him.

(he failed to respond to 2 (or 3) i've sent him)

Re: Rob Cliffe should stop sending me rude email messages. [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Feb 26, 2023 at 3:49 PM Hen Hanna <henhanna@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rob Cliffe should stop sending me rude email messages.

You should stop spamming this lists with with meaningless posts.
Re: Rob Cliffe should stop sending me rude email messages. [ In reply to ]
I've been putting off sending this message for days, but the list noise
level is now to the point that it has to be said.

Often it is better to contact someone directly and privately rather than
publicly embarrass them by calling them out. You've made it clear,
however, that publicly calling you out is necessary. No doubt you will
think my post rude as well, even though the tone is moderate and
deliberate. Sometimes things need to said and others need to be asked
to make changes. That's just part of communication in real, grown-up life.

Everyone that's responded to you has patiently attempted to answer your
questions and engage with you despite your unorthodox and very difficult
communications style. I can assure you that not one person who's
replied to you has been rude or insulting, yet I cannot say the same
about your own disparaging comments in reply. The only ad homimems I've
seen have come from you.

We are frustrated and exasperated with your unwillingness to read,
learn, and understand, yes, definitely! Although your posts are quite a
bit less frustrating than those trying to turn Python into Java. We can
probably handle trying to turn Python into LISP! :)

Do you understand why your posts have been causing frustration? This is
an existing community that you've chosen to join. Many of the people
you've insulted here, including dn have been participating and helpfully
contributing to this list for many years.

Please stop posting messages about how you think people have been rude
to you. Besides being off-topic they are simply false.
Re: Rob Cliffe should stop sending me rude email messages. [ In reply to ]
On 2023-02-27, Michael Torrie <torriem@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been putting off sending this message for days, but the list noise
> level is now to the point that it has to be said.

Ah, I've finially realized why some of those threads have seemed so
disjointed to me. Years ago, I plonked all posts which are (like Hen
Hanna's) submitted via Googole Groups.

I highly recommend it.

FWIW, here's the "score" rule for doing that with srln:

Score:: =-9999

--
Grant
Re: Rob Cliffe should stop sending me rude email messages. [ In reply to ]
On 2/27/23 09:17, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2023-02-27, Michael Torrie <torriem@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've been putting off sending this message for days, but the list noise
>> level is now to the point that it has to be said.
>
> Ah, I've finially realized why some of those threads have seemed so
> disjointed to me. Years ago, I plonked all posts which are (like Hen
> Hanna's) submitted via Googole Groups.
>
> I highly recommend it.
>
> FWIW, here's the "score" rule for doing that with srln:
>
> Score:: =-9999

Thanks for the tip and reminder. I'll add that to my gmail filter.

RE: XXX XXX should stop sending me rude email messages. [ In reply to ]
Michael,

Although I appreciate much of what you say, I ask humbly and politely that
we change the Subject line for messages like this one. HH is out of range
for now, albeit I think he can still read what we say.

But keeping the name Michael Torrie in the subject line, should be sort of
XXX rated.

And I mean especially in this case where we have no idea what "he" was
writing but it was a private message not intended for the group.

Just kidding BTW. But since YOU are Michael Torrie, I guess you can
broadcast a request to stop mailing yourself if that pleases. I will just no
longer bring your name forth in this context. Feel free to send me email, if
the need arises.

Avi