Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Python 3.10 Fizzbuzz [ In reply to ]
On 3/1/23 11:41, rbowman wrote:
> On 1 Mar 2023 11:28:12 GMT, Stefan Ram wrote:
>

>> IIRC, I've heard of professional video monitors which are set to
>> standard values for color saturation, contrast, and brightness. They
>> have no way to adjust these values, although they are more expensive
>> than normal screens.
>
> Probably a good thing. In the early days of color TV the color values were
> user adjustable. A generation grew up thinking Lorne Greene (Bonanza) had
> a slightly green complexion to match his name.

Chuckle. That was back in what we called Never Twice Same Color days.
NTSC IOW. I'm a retired tv Chief Engineer and we as broadcasters always
had a vectorscope in front of the operator so he could adjust the color
if it wasn't right. Even if he was color blind! Human skin always has
the same color and it makes an excellent image on the vectorscope at a
certain angle. And it does not change that angle when the camera
switches from my white caucasian face to the blackest basketball or
football players, the difference is not the color, but the brightness.
A lesson I've had to demo to every colored person we ever hired by
showing him both of us on camera.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
- Louis D. Brandeis

Re: Python 3.10 Fizzbuzz [ In reply to ]
On 2/03/23 10:59 am, gene heskett wrote:
> Human skin always has the same color

Um... no?

--
Greg
Re: Python 3.10 Fizzbuzz [ In reply to ]
On 3/1/23 20:28, Greg Ewing via Python-list wrote:
> On 2/03/23 10:59 am, gene heskett wrote:
>> Human skin always has the same color
>
> Um... no?

Yes, only the intensity of the color changes, the vector angle remains
the same within a degree or so.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
- Louis D. Brandeis

Re: Python 3.10 Fizzbuzz [ In reply to ]
Greg Ewing <greg.ewing@canterbury.ac.nz> writes:
> On 2/03/23 10:59 am, gene heskett wrote:
>> Human skin always has the same color
>
> Um... no?

You took that out of context. The assertion was that "Human skin
always has the same color" and "the difference is not the color,
but the brightness". I offer no opinion on whether that's accurate.

Working, but not speaking, for XCOM Labs