> Hi, and welcome to the list.

note that this is the very same rude guy ('dn') who is apparently the rudest of them all.

note that this is the very same rude guy ('dn') who wants to shunt me away to the TUTOR list.

----------- i guess i'd consider being TUTOR'ed by 'dn' (or someone like it)
if i can be paid $1000 / hour for it.

Have others noticed this too? (it's often the guy who says "Welcome" that....)

Whenever someone says "Welcome" to me (in this way), my alarm goes off.

--------- a good way to explain it (the Phenomenon) is... it's an indication that he's itching to treat me as a Newbie... that he 's salivating because he senses an opportunity to MANsplain and WHITEsplain things to me.
Re: 'dn' saying "Welcome (to the list)" [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 at 16:23, Hen Hanna <henhanna@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, March 4, 2021 dn wrote:
> > Hi, and welcome to the list.
>

> note that this is the very same rude guy ('dn') who is apparently the rudest of them all.
>
> note that this is the very same rude guy ('dn') who wants to shunt me away to the TUTOR list.
>
> ----------- i guess i'd consider being TUTOR'ed by 'dn' (or someone like it)
> if i can be paid $1000 / hour for it.
>

> Have others noticed this too? (it's often the guy who says "Welcome" that....)
>

> Whenever someone says "Welcome" to me (in this way), my alarm goes off.
>

> --------- a good way to explain it (the Phenomenon) is... it's an indication that he's itching to treat me as a Newbie... that he 's salivating because he senses an opportunity to MANsplain and WHITEsplain things to me.

Fine, I won't say "welcome to the list" to anyone in the future.
Instead, I'll say "why don't you go and solve your own problems by
searching the web".

That's WAY more friendly, right? We should all start doing that.

It's true what they say - no good deed goes unpunished.

ChrisA
Re: 'dn' saying "Welcome (to the list)" [ In reply to ]
On Saturday, February 25, 2023 at 9:52:35?PM UTC-8, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 at 16:23, Hen Hanna <henh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Thursday, March 4, 2021 dn wrote:
> > > Hi, and welcome to the list.
> >

> > note that this is the very same rude guy ('dn') who is apparently the rudest of them all.
> >
> > note that this is the very same rude guy ('dn') who wants to shunt me away to the TUTOR list.
> >
> > ----------- i guess i'd consider being TUTOR'ed by 'dn' (or someone like it)
> > if i can be paid $1000 / hour for it.
> >

> > Have others noticed this too? (it's often the guy who says "Welcome" that....)
> >

> > Whenever someone says "Welcome" to me (in this way), my alarm goes off.
> >

> > --------- a good way to explain it (the Phenomenon) is... it's an indication that he's itching to treat me as a Newbie... that he 's salivating because he senses an opportunity to MANsplain and WHITEsplain things to me.
> >
> Fine, I won't say "welcome to the list" to anyone in the future.

the rule of thumb is... [Don't say it ; show it ]

Maybe 10% of the time, ppl who say [Welcome to ...] are actually good (welcoming) ppl.