Can you please check and see what I need to do to start receiving emails
once more.

regards, Jim Byrnes
Re: Not receiving posts [ In reply to ]
On 2023-02-23, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes@comcast.net> wrote:

> I have been reading the python-list for some time now. At first via
> gemane and since it's demise via a subscription.

FWIW, gmane is still there, and still working fine. I read this list
by pointing slrn at news.gmane.io

For whatever reason, python-list decided to stop accepting postings
via gmane, so postings do have to be e-mailed. I use a custom "inews"
app to handle that:

https://github.com/GrantEdwards/hybrid-inews

[The old gmane webUI apparently died and couldn't be resurrected.]

Re: Not receiving posts [ In reply to ]
On 2/23/23 12:29, Jim Byrnes wrote:

> I have been reading the python-list for some time now. At first via gemane and since it's demise via a subscription.
> Recently I noticed that I have not received any emails for quite sometime.
>
> I tried resubscribing but still have received no emails from the list. To my knowledge I have done nothing to warrant
> removal.
>
> Can you please check and see what I need to do to start receiving emails once more.

It doesn't look like that address is subscribed. I tried inviting you, let's see if that works.

--
~Ethan~
Re: Not receiving posts [ In reply to ]
On 2/23/23 13:56, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2023-02-23, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I have been reading the python-list for some time now. At first via
>> gemane and since it's demise via a subscription.
>
> FWIW, gmane is still there, and still working fine. I read this list
> by pointing slrn at news.gmane.io

Well gmane did die, and caused changes and the story is weird even by
internet standards. And the founder eventually spilled....

https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2020/01/06/whatever-happened-to-news-gmane-org/

Not everything came back the same.

Re: Not receiving posts [ In reply to ]
On 2023-02-24, Mats Wichmann <mats@wichmann.us> wrote:
> On 2/23/23 13:56, Grant Edwards wrote:
>> On 2023-02-23, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I have been reading the python-list for some time now. At first via
>>> gemane and since it's demise via a subscription.
>>
>> FWIW, gmane is still there, and still working fine. I read this list
>> by pointing slrn at news.gmane.io
>
> Well gmane did die, and caused changes and the story is weird even by
> internet standards. And the founder eventually spilled....
>
> https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2020/01/06/whatever-happened-to-news-gmane-org/

Interesting! I had seen less detailed versions of that story
elsewhere, but never saw that.

> Not everything came back the same.

I do sometimes miss the old webUI. The search function was useful, and
it was a handy place to point people to when you wanted to reference
an old mailing list posting. But, I certainly don't have the time and
skills to re-create it, so I've got absolutely no right to complain.

After setting up and maintaining gmane.org for all those years,
there's no way Mr. Ingebrigtsen's positive karma balance has been
noticably reduced by the bumpy transition that resulted in gmane.io.