moderators
- I opened a thread about the proposal of a new section called
Brainstorming. It was closed without a reason.
- I can't post links
- Two discussions I posted in section Idea were moved to Help, without a
single line of explanation.

If I'm not appreciated, I want to be publicly banned with a good reason, or
at least a reason.
Re: Am I banned from Discuss forum? [ In reply to ]
On 2/10/23 14:10, Marco Sulla wrote:
> I was banned from the mailing list and Discuss forum for a very long time.
> Too much IMHO, but I paid my dues.
>
> Now this is my state in the forum:
> - I never posted something unrespectful in the last months
> - I have a limitation of three posts per threads, but only on some threads
> - Some random posts of mine are obscured and must be restored manually by
> moderators
> - I opened a thread about the proposal of a new section called
> Brainstorming. It was closed without a reason.
> - I can't post links
> - Two discussions I posted in section Idea were moved to Help, without a
> single line of explanation.
>
> If I'm not appreciated, I want to be publicly banned with a good reason, or
> at least a reason.

Your posts are showing up on the mailing list here just it seems. I
didn't know there was a Discourse forum. Is it supposed to be sync with
the mailing list and USENET? Or is it intended to replace this mailing
list? I rarely see Python devs on this list, so maybe they've chosen to
hang out exclusively in Discourse, which would be unfortunate.

The Discourse format has never appealed to me. It's way to unstructured
and gamified. I much prefer the mailing list, but alas it seems like
most open source projects are moving to Discourse.
Re: Am I banned from Discuss forum? [ In reply to ]
Michael Torrie schreef op 11/02/2023 om 4:59:
> I didn't know there was a Discourse forum. Is it supposed to be sync > with the mailing list and USENET? Or is it intended to replace this
> mailing list? I rarely see Python devs on this list, so maybe >
they've chosen to hang out exclusively in Discourse, which would be >
unfortunate.
I don't think it's meant to replace this mailing list; it's still
mentioned on the Python website. At least initially the forum was
intended mostly for core dev discussions, as far as I understand it.

The initial announcement (which only talks about python-comitters being
migrated):
https://www.mail-archive.com/python-committers@python.org/msg06151.html
The site with the discussions: https://discuss.python.org/

--
"Honest criticism is hard to take, particularly from a relative, a friend,
an acquaintance, or a stranger."
Re: Am I banned from Discuss forum? [ In reply to ]
On 11Feb2023 13:21, Roel Schroeven <roel@roelschroeven.net> wrote:
>Michael Torrie schreef op 11/02/2023 om 4:59:
>>I didn't know there was a Discourse forum. Is it supposed to be
>>sync > with the mailing list and USENET? Or is it intended to
>>replace this
>> mailing list? I rarely see Python devs on this list, so maybe >
>they've chosen to hang out exclusively in Discourse, which would be >
>unfortunate.
>I don't think it's meant to replace this mailing list; it's still
>mentioned on the Python website. At least initially the forum was
>intended mostly for core dev discussions, as far as I understand it.
>
>The initial announcement (which only talks about python-comitters
>being migrated): https://www.mail-archive.com/python-committers@python.org/msg06151.html
>The site with the discussions: https://discuss.python.org/

There are several sections on the Discourse forum; the "Help" section
broadly has the same purpose as this mailing list. I use both, and use
Discourse in email mode - the forum's there, but >90% of my interaction
is via email - I file it and python-list to the same "python" folder
here and lossely treat them the same.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs@cskk.id.au>