Please offer any suggestions,

Thank you,

BG
Re: Python not found [ In reply to ]
On 1/26/23, Bela Gesztesi <bgesztesi@msn.com> wrote:

> C:\DJI>py comm_og_service_tool.py WM231 --port COM3 GimbalCalib JointCoarse
>
> Python was not found; run without arguments to install from the Microsoft
> Store, or disable this shortcut from Settings > Manage App Execution
> Aliases.

Do what it's telling you to do. Either install the app version of
Python, or disable the "python.exe" and "python3.exe" app aliases.

The "python.exe" and "python3.exe" app aliases that are distributed
with Windows run a "PythonRedirector" app that just opens the
Microsoft Store to download the latest version of the app version of
Python. When run with command-line arguments, they print the message
that's quoted above.

What's happening here is that the py launcher reads a shebang line
from "comm_og_service_tool.py" of the form "#!/usr/bin/env python3".
It thus searches PATH for "python3.exe" and finds the app alias. We
should probably update the launcher to ignore an alias to the
"PythonRedirector" app.
Re: Python not found [ In reply to ]
On 1/27/23, Bela Gesztesi <bgesztesi@msn.com> wrote:

> I'm not that familiar with the steps to be taken.
>
> How do I find the app version of Python for my desktop?
> or
> I don't know how to disable the "python.exe" and "python3.exe" app aliases

To install the app version, run "python3" from the command line. This
will open the Microsoft Store to install the Python app. (If it
doesn't, simply open the store from the start menu.) It may not open
to the latest version of Python, which currently is 3.11.1. Search for
"python" to find the latest version. Make sure the package is from
"Python Software Foundation". Click the "Get" button.

OR

To disable the aliases for the default installer app, begin by
right-clicking the start button and select "settings". Click on "Apps"
in the sidebar. Then click on "Apps & Features" in the window. Click
the drop-down arrow on "More settings". Click on "App execution
aliases". Disable the aliases for "App Installer / python.exe" and
"App Installer / python3.exe".

Some of the above names will be localized to your preferred user
interface language. Hopefully the translations are obvious.