Mailing List Archive

Trouble downloading Python
Good day,
I am experiencing issues trying to download Python. I would please need some assistance to help download the progam to my laptop.

Kind regards
Renda

Re: Trouble downloading Python [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 15:15:43 +0000 (UTC), Renda Saptoe
<renda.saptoe@yahoo.com> declaimed the following:

>Good day,
>I am experiencing issues trying to download Python. I would please need some assistance to help download the progam to my laptop.

Insufficient information (you've given the equivalent of "my arm hurts"
without stating which arm, where it hurts, and the nature of the pain; a
big difference between "it was caught in a door jamb" and "a chainsaw cut
it off").

Where are you downloading from (the URL might be of use), which version
(if there are more than one version at that URL). WHAT OS! For Linux it is
often easiest to just use the distribution package manager to
install/upgrade Python.

What happens when you run the downloaded file? How are you trying to
run Python?

What happens if you open up a command shell and enter just Python (or,
for safety python3, since you shouldn't even be looking at python 2.x but
some Linux distributions still use 2.x for there own uses)

-=-=-=-
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.1415]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Wulfraed>python3
Python ActivePython 3.8.2 (ActiveState Software Inc.) based on
on win32

wulfraed@ElusiveUnicorn:~$ python3
Python 3.7.3 (default, Jan 22 2021, 20:04:44)
[GCC 8.3.0] on linux

-=-=-=-

Python is not a development environment. It is a compiler/interpreter
for files containing Python source code, normally run from a command shell.
Many installations do include a Tkinter-based program called IDLE which can
be run if one really needs an IDE -- though there are many third-party IDEs
for Python which may be better.

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/