Mailing List Archive

Inkscape
hello Python

I wonder if you can help me out please. I have recently added an
extension into Inkscape called Axidraw which should enable me to
hatchfill text, unforunately I am unable to use this facility as when I
open a canvas in Inkscape and go to the axidraw extension I receive a
message saying that I require Python 3.6 or greater. I have downloaded
and installed Python 3.10.1 but I am still receiving the same message.
Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong ? I look forward to
hearing from you.

regards

Mandy Wilson

m. 07739 263 234

Re: Inkscape [ In reply to ]
On 1/10/22 8:27 AM, Mandy and Michael Wilson via Python-list wrote:
> I wonder if you can help me out please. I have recently added an
> extension into Inkscape called Axidraw which should enable me to
> hatchfill text, unforunately I am unable to use this facility as when I
> open a canvas in Inkscape and go to the axidraw extension I receive a
> message saying that I require Python 3.6 or greater. I have downloaded
> and installed Python 3.10.1 but I am still receiving the same message.
> Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong ? I look forward to
> hearing from you.

Most likely you'll need to ask the folks on the Inkscape forums or
mailing list. Very few of us have any working understanding of how
Python is used within Inkscape.

What operating system are you using? If you're running Windows, then
installing Python 3.10 will have no effect on Inkscape because inkscape
does not know about any other installed versions of Python. It's built
with and ships with a specific version of Python inside of Inkscape. So
it seems to me like you need to install the latest version of Inkscape,
which should come with the latest supported version of Python inside of it.